The Medical Council of India with the approval of the Central Government amended the regulations on Graduate Medical Education 1997 and made provision for a Single Eligibility cum Entrance Examination, namely, National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to MBBS Course in each academic year.
The Dental Council of India also amended the BDS Course Regulations 2007 and notified in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 31st May, 2012 that admission to BDS Course in each academic year shall be through National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET).
The Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India have notified that the Central Board of Secondary Education shall be the organization to conduct the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS and BDS Courses.
Admission to MBBS and BDS Courses in the institutions approved by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India are subject to merit position of candidates in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (Under-Graduate), 2013.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET-UG 2013 –
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS course for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test to MBBS course’ held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of General candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in All-India common merit list in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS course’.
- Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to MBBS Course, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS Course for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
- No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as above shall be admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
- The Pre-medical course may be conducted either at a Medical College or at a Science College.
- After the 10+2 course is introduced the integrated course be abolished.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS Course.
- No State eligibility criteria will be applicable to the students who take admission under 15% All India Quote Scheme.
How to Apply for NEET-UG 2013 –
Mode of Submission of Application Form and Fee Details –
A candidate can apply for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) only on-line by logging on to www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Before submission of application form, make the following preparations:
- Decide the mode of payment of fee,
- Through Debit/Credit Card/Internet Banking using on-line gateway payment facility, or
- Through offline deposit in CBSE Bank Account with Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank directly or through NEFT from other Banks by downloading the Challan Form from the website of CBSE-NEET.
a) IF decided to pay fee through Debit/Credit Card, check the validity of the Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to website for submitting application form.
b) If decided to pay fee offline mode by depositing money in anyone of the above CBSE Bank Accounts directly or through NEFT from other Banks in the name of Secretary, CBSE through Challan/Deposit Slip downloaded from website after completing Part-I of Registration. Deposit slip bearing Application Registration Number, Name and address of the Bank branch with branch code where fee is deposited and transaction ID number be kept ready with you while logging on to website for final submission of Part –II of the application form.
c) Fee Details and last date for submission of Application Form are as follows:
Fee without late fee
Fee with first late fee
Fee with second late fee
01.12.2012 to 31.12.2012
01.01.2013 to 15.01.2013
16.01.2013 to 31.01.2013
Last Date of Receipt of Confirmation Page/Application Form in CBSE
- In addition to examination fee, service/processing charges will also to be paid by the candidate for online payment of fee through Debit/Credit Card along with Service Tax, as applicable. Details of the same are available on Boards website.
- The candidates must note that after submission of the application form it cannot be withdrawn. Claims for refund of application fee will not be entertained.
The information desired to be filled in the online application may also be kept ready.
Paper Pattern for NEET-UG 2013 –
- The Entrance Examination consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only.
- The duration of the paper would be 3 hours.
- Language of the Question Papers –
- Candidates can opt for Question Papers either in English or in Hindi. This option should be exercised while filling in the application form.
- Candidates from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and West Bengal can opt for Question Paper either in English, Hindi or in their respective Regional Language i.e. Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati and Bengali.
- Option of Question Paper exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for other languages would be provided Test Booklet in English with translation in the language as per choice of the candidate.
- Last date for submission of application forms without late fee: Monday, December 31, 2012.
- Last date for receipt of confirmation page in CBSE: Thursday, January 10, 2013.
- Last date for submission of online application forms with late fee Rs. 500/- : Tuesday, January 15, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted late with fee of Rs. 500/-: Friday, January 25, 2013.
- Last date for submission of online application forms with late fee Rs. 1000/-: Thursday, January 31, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted late with fee of Rs. 1000/-:Sunday, February 10, 2013.
- Date of NEET-UG 2013: Sunday, May 12, 2013.
- Declaration of Results: 2nd week of June, 2013.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,