Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) has announced the exam dates for Agricultural Research Service Preliminary examination (ARS Preliminary 2014), which will be conducted in December 2013. The ARS Preliminary exam will be held on Sunday, December 29, 2013.
The ARS Preliminary exam is a qualifying entrance test conducted by ASRB to be eligible to appear in the ARS Main Examination for appointment as Scientists in Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
Eligibility Criteria for ICAR ARS Preliminary 2014:
- A candidate must hold a master’s degree or equivalent in the concerned discipline with specialization completed on or before March 16, 2014. However, candidates who have appeared at an examination, the passing of which would render them eligible to appear at the ARS Examination-2013 but have not been informed of the Results, may apply for admission to the ARS Examination-2013.
- Candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years but not have attained the age of 32 years as on August 01, 2013 (i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than August 02, 1981 and not later than August 01, 1992).
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for ICAR ARS Preliminary 2014:
- A candidate seeking admission to the examination must apply online only in the application form available on the website: http://www.asrb.org.in or http://www.icar.org.in
- No other mode of application is allowed.
- The examination fee is Rs.500/- for General (UR)/Other Backward Class (OBC) and Rs.20/- for Women/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ Person with Disability(PwD).
For more details and information on how to apply, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for ICAR ARS Preliminary 2014:
- Preliminary ARS Examination shall have one paper of 150 marks with all multiple type objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 02 hours.
- Questions will be from the respective professional subject(s) for which candidate has opted.
- 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Preliminary ARS Examination.
- Last date for filling up online application forms: Tuesday, December 03, 2013.
- Date of entrance test: Sunday, December 29, 2013.
For frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information about ICAR ARS Preliminary please visit here.