Pareeksha Bhavan, Kerala has announced the exam dates for the Kerala – Teacher Eligibility Test (K-TET) 2012 which will be held in the month of August 2012. The K-TET 2012 will be held on Saturday, August 25, 2012.
The K-TET 2012 is conducted for assess the eligibility of teacher candidates for Lower Primary (Category I), Upper Primary (Category II) and High School (Category III) Classes in Kerala.
Eligibility Criteria for K-TET 2012:
- For Category I: The candidates should have completed higher secondary/ senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and two year Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC) [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination; Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent.
- For Category II: The candidates should have completed their B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. and 2 - year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC) [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent.
- For Category III: The candidates should have acquired a Masters Degree in the subject concerned (with not less than 45% marks) and a B.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned (from any one of the Universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other Universities recognized as equivalent thereto).
For more details on the eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for K-TET 2012:
- The application form along with the prospectus and fee challan can be downloaded from their official website - www.keralapareekshabhavan.in/.
- The exam fee of Rs. 500/- for general candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST candidates should be remitted at the SB account (A/c No. 67186142559 Kerala TET)to the selected branch of State Bank of Travancore.
For more details on the application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for K-TET 2012:
There will be only one paper for each category. All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with four distracters. Each question carries one mark with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. The total number of MCQs shall be 150. The duration of the examination shall be one and a half hours.
For more details on the paper pattern, please visit their official website.
- Last date for online registration: Tuesday, July 31, 2012.
- Last date for receipt of print out of application form: Monday, August 06, 2012.
- Date of entrance examination: Saturday, August 25, 2012.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information about K-TET 2012, please visit here.