University of Pune has announced the exam dates for Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (SET) 2013 which will be held in the month of Febrauary 2012. The Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (SET) 2013 will be held on Sunday, February 17, 2013.
University of Pune conducts the State Eligibility Test (SET) for selection to the post of lecturers. SET 2013 to be conducted on a new pattern. The U.G.C has accredited the SET examination unit, University of Pune as the state agency of the Government of Maharashtra and the Government of Goa. University of Pune, as State Agency will conduct 29th SET examination at Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Nasik, Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Nanded, Amravati, Nagpur, Solapur, Chandrapur (Goa) centres.
Eligibility Criteria for SET 2013:
- The candidates must have Master’s degree or P.G. Diploma from an institution recognized by U.G.C.
- The candidates other than SC/ST category, who have secured at least 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- Candidates with Post-graduate Diploma/Certificate(s), should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their course(s) with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.(www.aiuweb.org)
- Candidates can appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
- To apply for the SET there is no upper age limit.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria click here
Application Procedure for SET 2013:
- Application form is available only on University website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in .
- Candidates have to fill up the form online and print five pages : first page- Application Form, Second Page- Declaration , Third Page Acknowledgement, fourth Page- Challan and fifth -Cover page to be pasted on envelope containing Application form and send it to the concerned Coordinator of the Centre.
- The hard copy of the application form and Challan along with necessary documents must reach the Contact Person of the concerned centre on or before date declared for each examination from time to time. Postal delay shall not be entertained.
- Fees:The examination fees including processing fee for SC/ST//PH/VH/OBC/SBC/DT/NT candidates are Rs. 450 and for open candidate Rs 550.
- The examination fees should be paid by a challan at any branch of HDFC Bank OR Bank of Maharashtra. Examination fees once paid cannot be refunded.
For more details and information on application procedure click here
Paper Pattern for SET 2013:
- The SET exam will be conducted in objective mode. The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on the day of examination in two separate sessions.
- The candidates are required to obtain minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given in the official site.
- Only such candidates who obtain the minimum required marks in each paper, separately, as mentioned, will be considered for final preparation of result.
- However, the final qualifying criteria for eligibility for Lectureship shall be decided by the Moderation Committee before declaration of SET result.
For more details and information on paper pattern click here
The SET examination will be conducted at the following 13 centres only. They are Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Nashik, Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Nanded, Amravati, Nagpur, Goa, Solapur, Chandrapur and Gadchiroli.
- Last date for application submission: Monday, December 31, 2012 till 6:00 pm
- SET entrance exam date: Sunday, February 17, 2013.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,