Applications are invited by the Government of India for Scholarships under the scheme of post matric Scholarships for scheduled caste students. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled caste students studying at Post Matriculation or post secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
- The scholarship covers maintenance allowance of the scholar. The amount of maintenance allowance varies according to the course being pursued. For more details click here.
- Other allowances covered include Study tour charges, Thesis printing, Book grant for correspondence courses up to Rs. 4600.
- Students will disability can avail other allowances including transport allowance, helper allowance etc.
- The Scholarships are open to nationals of India.
- These Scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post matriculation for post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions :- “Scholarships are not awarded for training course like Aircraft maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot license Courses. Courses at Training ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra), Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, and courses at pre-examination Training Centres of all India and State levels”
- Only those candidates who belong to Schedules Castes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. B.Sc. after B.A. or B.Com after BA or MA in other subject will not be eligible.
- Students who after having completed their educational career in one prof. Eg L.L.B. after B.T./B.Ed. will not be eligible from the academic year in two professional courses are allowed.
- Students studying in Class XI of the Higher Secondary Schools course of the XII Class of the Multipurpose Higher School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in case where both class examination of such course is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing 10th class join other courses, such students will be treated as post matric students and will be eligible for the award of Scholarships.
- Students pursuing post graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the under graduate /post graduate examinations in Arts Science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded Scholarships if otherwise eligible No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continues education.
- Employed Students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed the maximum prescribed income ceiling are made eligible for post matric Scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsory payable non refundable fees.
- All children of the same parents/guardians will be entitled to receive benefits of the scheme.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend, the student can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this scheme from the date he./she accepts another scholarship/stipend. The student can however accept free lodging or a grant or adhoc monetary held from the State Govt. or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses or board and lodging in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Central Govt./State Govt will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
How to apply:
An application for scholarship should comprise:
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form (separate application forms as have been prescribed for ‘fresh’ and ‘renewal’ scholarship by concerned States/UTs).
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree etc. in respect of all examinations passed.
- A certificate (in original) of Caste duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper, Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly counter-signed by the Head of the Instituion concerned, if the application was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of Institution, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be addressed to an officer specified for this purpose by the Govt. of State/.U.T. to which student belongs, in accordance with the institutions issued by them from time to time.
- The applicant should submit the complete application to the prescribed authority before the last date prescribed for receipt of applications.
- The applications forms are obtainable from the o/o DHE, UT, Sector-9D, Chandigarh at any time and should reach the said office complete in all respects by 30th September every year and also be obtainable from the website of this office i.e. www.chdeducation.gov.in
- Deadline for application: 30th September every year.
Click here for moredetails on the scholarship.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitterand Google+
Click here for more Scholarship Updates.
Do you like this story?