Government of Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board, Chennai has announced the exam dates for Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TNTET), which will be held in the month of June 2012. The entrance exam will be conducted on Sunday, June 3, 2012.
The Teacher Eligibility Test is merely as a pre-requisite eligibility test for those who are seeking appointment as a teacher. For appointment of teachers the teacher’s recruitment board will follow separate selection procedures. The teacher’s recruitment board conducts this test as a nodal agency for the Government of Tamil Nadu. The TET certificate will be mandatory for anybody willing to work as a teacher in the state of Tamil Nadu for classes I to VIII.
TNTET 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary course (10+2 pattern) and Diploma in teacher education in a recognized teacher training institute / DIET and seeking an appointment as teacher for classes I to V (except visually impaired candidates) can write paper I.
- Candidates who have passed a bachelor’s degree (B.A /B.Sc / B.Litt) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography or a degree with any one of the equivalent subjects from a recognized university under 10+2+3 pattern and a degree in teacher education (B.Ed.) from a recognized university and seeking an appointment as teacher for classes VI to VIII can write paper II.
- Candidates appearing for the final year examination of D.T.Ed. / B.Ed. during the current academic year is also eligible to appear for the teacher eligibility test.
Application Procedure for TNTET 2012
- Applications can be received from 22.03.2012 to 04.04.2012 from the office of the District Educational Officers, on payment of Rs. 50/- in cash towards the cost of application form and prospectus.
- Candidates should use only the OMR application form. No other form of typed or printed or photocopied application forms will be accepted and such applications, if any will be summarily rejected.
- Single application form is enough for a candidate even if he/she wishes to write a single paper or both papers I and II simultaneously.
- Examination fee will be Rs. 500/- (or 250/- for SC/ST/differently abled) even if the candidate opts for a single paper (Paper I or Paper II) or for both paper I and paper II.
- The filled-in application form and the TRB copy of the fees payment challan must be put inside the envelope provided and submitted in person in the office where the candidate received the application form. The application and the challan should not be stapled/pasted/tied together.
- Application forms will not be accepted after 5.30 p.m. on 04.04.2012.
TNTET 2012 Paper Pattern
- Question papers will have 150 multiple choice questions in the subjects under the relevant papers. Candidates have to mark the right choice of answers among the four options. Each right answer will be awarded one mark.
- There will not be any negative marking. The questions for all the subjects (except languages) will be both in Tamil and English.
- The syllabi for the subjects covered are already published in the Government gazettes. However they will be issued along with the application form and prospectus.
- The syllabi will also be published in the Teachers Recruitment Board’s official web-site http://trb.tn.nic.in.
For more details and information about TNTET paper pattern, please visit official website.
The TNTET entrance exam will be conducted on Sunday, June 3, 2012.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google
Do you like this story?