West Bengal University of Health Science (WBUHS), Kolkata has announced the exam dates for West Bengal Post Graduate Medical Admission Test (WBPGMAT 2014), which will be conducted in January, 2014. The WBPGMAT exam will be held on Sunday, January 19, 2014.
WBPGMAT is an entrance exam, which is conducted by WBUHS, Kolkata for taking admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD)/Master of Surgery (MS) programs offered in various specializations for the academic session 2014-15.
For more details on various specializations, click here.
Eligibility Criteria for WBPGMAT 2014:
- Open Seats: Citizens of India who have obtained the M.B.B.S degree from any University of the State of West Bengal shall be eligible to apply for admission to the ‘Open seats’ of Post Graduate Medical Degree and Diploma courses provided they have completed or are scheduled to complete their rotating internship for one year on or before 31 March, 2014.
- State Government Sponsored Seats: Citizen of India who have been in regular service with the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal are eligible to apply for State Sponsored Seats provided MBBS degree obtained by the candidate is recognized by Medical Council of India and such candidates are sponsored by Government of West Bengal.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for WBPGMAT 2014:
- Applicant is required to visit the website of the university www.wbuh.ac.in/www.wbuhsexams.in for applying on-line.
- The examination fee of Rs.3000 must be deposited through bank draft / banker’s cheque (banker’s cheque can only be done in the bank, similar like bank draft) in favour of ‘The West Bengal University of Health Sciences’ payable at Kolkata.
- The completed printed hard-copies of the application form along with requisite documents and demand draft/banker’s cheque should be submitted to Controller of Examinations, WBUHS.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for WBPGMAT 2014:
- The question paper of the written test shall be set in English and shall contain 200 single best response type Multiple Choice Questions.
- The duration of the test will be 160 minutes.
- For each correct response, 4 marks will be awarded.
- One mark will be deducted for any incorrect answer.
- No marks will be awarded for multiple answers and multiple answers response will be treated as incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted for questions not attempted.
- Last date for submitting online forms: Monday, December 16, 2013.
- Last date for submission of print-copy of form at the university: Tuesday, December 17, 2013.
- Date of WBPGMAT exam: Sunday, January 19, 2014.
- Date of result declaration: On or before February 12, 2014.
For more details and information about WBPGMAT please visit here.
Do you like this story?