National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) was established in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. NIFT is committed to academic excellence in fashion education. The vision of the institute embraces challenges and provides the impetus in setting highest academic standards. NIFT continues to strive to be nothing but the best.
NIFT exam is conducted for taking admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) in Accessory Design, Fashion Communication, Fashion Design, Knitwear Design, Leather Design and Textile Design, Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech) in Apparel Production, Master of Design (M.Des), Master of Fashion Management (MFM) and Master of Fashion Technology (MFT) programs offered at Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Rae barelli, Shillong, Kangra, Jodhpur and Bhubaneswar campuses for the commencing session 2016.
Eligibility for NIFT 2016:
- For B.Des Programs: Candidates should have:
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized central/state board of secondary examination, such as CBSE / state board New Delhi, and council for Indian school of certificate examination, New Delhi. Or
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- For B.FTech Program: Candidates should have:
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized central/state board of secondary examination, such as CBSE, New Delhi, and council for Indian school of certificate examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Or
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
- For M.Des Program: Candidates should have:
- Undergraduate degree from any institute recognized by law in India. Or
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
For more details and information on NIFT eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for NIFT 2016:
- Candidates can apply online.
- The application fee (Rs.1500/ for general/OBC (non-creamy) category and Rs.750/- for SC/ ST/ PHP category) has to be paid through online payment gateway or through bank Demand Draft issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
For more details and information on NIFT application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for NIFT 2016:
- The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the program opted.
- There is no negative marking.
For more details and information on NIFT paper pattern, please click here.
- Last date for filling up online application: Sunday, January 10, 2016.
- Last date for online registration with late fees of Rs.5000/-: Saturday, January 16, 2015.
- Availability of admit card (online only):Thursday, January 21, 2016.
- Date of admission test: Sunday, February 14, 2016.
- Date of situation test/ group discussion/ interview: April - May 2016.
- Date of declaration of final result (online): end of May/ June 2016.
- Date of counseling: June 2016 onwards.
For moreinformation about NIFT 2016, please visit here.
Do you like this story?