NMAT by GMAC is an entrance exam conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®) which is a global non-profit organization comprised of leading graduate business schools around the world. GMAC is the owner and administrator of the GMAT® and NMAT™ exams.
GMAC believes that business and management are critical to the economic and social well-being of people worldwide. We advocate for graduate management education and its value to individuals and society.
GMAC strives to increase access in order to grow and diversify the candidate pool; develop assessments to meet global management education needs; and extend the value to schools with our products, services, and industry knowledge.
GMAC meets the needs of management schools, and current and prospective students, through a wide array of products, services, and programmes designed to open doors for students, professionals, and graduate management programmes worldwide. GMAC also serves as the leading source of research and information about quality graduate management education.
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®) has announced the exam dates for NMAT by GMAC (2016), which will be conducted in October/December 2015. The NMAT by GMAC exam will be held from Tuesday, October 06, 2015 to Saturday, December 19, 2015.
Eligibility for NMAT by GMAC 2016 -
For MBA, MBA HR (Mumbai campus), PGDM (Bengaluru campus) and PGDBM (Hyderabad campus):
- Full time bachelor's degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate in first attempt.
- Those candidates who have cleared their graduation by doing a part-time course or through distance learning, correspondence courses, externally, open school are not eligible to apply.
For more details and information on NMAT eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for NMAT by GMAC 2016 -
For appearing for NMAT, online application has to be duly submitted and payment of registration charges need to be made in any of the prescribed mode within stipulated time.
- Candidates can apply for more than one program/campus as per his/her eligibility by giving preferences i.e. 1) MBA 2) MBA & PGDM - Bengaluru and/or PGDBM – Hyderabad 3) PGDM - Bengaluru and/or PGDBM - Hyderabad
- The preferences once given cannot be changed later on. Candidates are advised to check the information entered in the online registration application form very carefully while registering and again before submitting the application as they will not be allowed to make any changes after submitting the application.
For more details and information on NMAT application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for NMAT by GMAC 2016 -
- The NMAT™ exam is computer-delivered and gives each candidate a randomly generated test. The number of questions, difficulty levels, and the time limit for each of the sections is predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered.
- The NMAT exam has three sections targeted at measuring different skills – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- Each of the sections is further divided into Sub-sections
- Quantitative – 7 sub-sections
- Language – 6 sub-sections
- Logical Reasoning – 7 sub-sections
- NMAT would be an objective type multiple-choice test. (There will be no descriptive type questions).
- The NMAT will comprise the following:
No. of Questions
Time in Minutes
| || |
Important Dates -
- Last date for registration: Monday, October 05, 2015.
- Scheduling: Thursday, October 22, 2015.
- Rescheduling: Wednesday, December 16, 2015.
- Date of NMAT: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 to Saturday, December 19, 2015.
- Retake Scheduling: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 to Friday, December 18, 2015.
- Final announcement of Results: Friday, January 15, 2016.
For more information about NMAT by GMAC exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?