Applications are invited by Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC), Puducherry for admission to Master of Science (M.Sc) program in Physics (Materials Science & Technology) for the commencing session 2012-13.
Eligibility Criteria for PEC Puducherry
- Candidates seeking admission to the first semester of the four semester M.Sc course should have passed bachelor’s degree in Science with Physics as main subject and Chemistry and Mathematics as ancillaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science with Chemistry as main subject and Physics and Mathematics as ancillaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science - Applied Science.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as major subjects
- B.Sc Electronics Science with Physics & Mathematics as ancillaries
- B.Sc Ceramics Technology
- B.Sc Polymer Technology with a minimum of 55% marks in major and minor subjects or equivalent CGPA.
How to Apply for PEC Puducherry
- Application forms and information bulletin can be obtained from the Office of PEC Credit Society, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry-605014, in person on all working days on or after 29th June 2012 on payment of Rs. 1030/- [Rs. 530/- for SC/ST candidates]. Application forms can also be obtained by post by sending a request to The Convenor, CENTAC-PG, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry-605014, along with two self-addressed slips (neatly typed or hand written) and a crossed demand draft for Rs.1065/- (Rs.1000/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage) [Rs.565/- for SC/ST candidates (Rs.500/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage)], drawn in favour of The Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Puducherry. Payment by cheques, postal orders and money orders will not be accepted.
- Filled-in application forms along with all necessary enclosures should be sent in the prescribed envelope to 'The Convenor, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC-PG), Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry - 605014', so as to reach latest by Monday, 16th July 2012 before 5.00 p.m.
- Details are also available in the web site www.pec.edu.
- Application forms can also be downloaded and submitted along with crossed demand draft for Rs.1000/-[Rs.500/- for SC/ST candidates] drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Puducherry.
Selection Procedure for PEC Puducherry
Selection is based on the performance of candidates in the entrance examination to be conducted by CENTAC–PG.
For details and information on the selection procedure, please visit their official website.
- Last date for submitting completed application forms: Monday, July 16, 2012.
- Date of entrance exam: Saturday, July 28, 2012 and Sunday, July 29, 2012.
For more information on college and courses, please click PEC Puducherry.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends.
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google
Do you like this story?