Board of Technical Education (BTE), Rajasthan has announced the exam dates for Rajasthan Pre-Engineering Test (RPET-2014), which will be conducted in May 2014. The RPET will be held on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
RPET is conducted for taking admission to first year undergraduate programs in B.Tech/B.E offered by various government aided and private unaided technical institutions of Rajasthan (except BITS Pilani, MNIT Jaipur and other deemed and private universities) for the academic session 2014-15.
Eligibility Criteria for RPET 2014:
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to B.Tech./B.E. program in Rajasthan is a pass with atleast 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/ Non Creamy Layer OBC/ Non Creamy Layer SBC of Rajasthan state) in the subjects combination as given below taken together, in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) of Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan or any other examination recognized equivalent thereto by Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan/ Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (10+2) in 2014 may also apply.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for RPET 2014:
- Candidates are encouraged to apply online.
- Candidates must contact any e-Mitra/CSC kiosk center authorized by the Government of Rajasthan and deposit a sumof Rs. 815/- (Rs. 800/- against Application form Fees and Rs. 15/- for e-Mitra service charges).
For details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for RPET 2014:
- RPET-2014 shall consist of single examination of three hours duration containing 40 objective type questions in each subject i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The total no. of questions will be 120 carrying one mark each.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answer. The questions in the test booklet will be both in Hindi as well as in English.
- Date of closure for filling of the online application: Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
- Last date of receipt of application form: Monday, April 21, 2014.
- Date of RPET: Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
- Publication of Results: 2nd week of June, 2014.