In India, bank exams are conducted in for recruiting candidates into several banking services. The Indian banking sector includes private banks, nationalized banks and also involves specialized banking. An all-India examination is conducted by the private sector banks. Mostly all banks in India utilize classified ads for advertizing their vacancies.
Various banks start recruiting candidates for probationary officers (PO) during different periods in a year. Candidates are requested to keep a track of the PO exam, so that they don’t miss out the examination. Candidates must know about the pattern of the exam for SBI PO, so that they can score well and do their best in the exam. Below we have mentioned the test pattern for the SBI PO which has been designed by the State Bank of India (SBI).
Paper Pattern for SBI Probationary Officers 2012
- The total duration of the SBI PO exam is of 3 hrs.
- It will consist of objective type and descriptive type questions which carries 250 marks.
- Students can attempt the test in English or Hindi (Except for the section based on English).
- The maximum duration of objective type test will be of 2 hours and total marks of 200.
- The objective type test will consist of :
- Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.)
- Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers
- Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Test of Reasoning (High Level)
- The maximum duration of descriptive type test will be of 1 hour and it carries 50 marks.
- The test will be of "Test of English Language (Comprehension, short precis, letter writing & essay)"
- Descriptive test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who are adequately high in percentile ranking in each of all the four objective tests and have scored overall aggregate 40% and above in case of General category and aggregate 35% and above in case SC/ST/OBC/PWD category.
- The qualifying marks for descriptive test will also be overall aggregate 40% for General category and overall aggregate 35% for SC/ST/OBC/ PWD category.
- The merit list of written examination will be based on the aggregate of the marks obtained by the candidates in objective and descriptive tests.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,