The Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of excellence in development collaboration at the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany. FSC is one of five excellence centers of the pro-gram “exceed – Higher Education Excellence in Development Cooperation”, which is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds of the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) of Germany. FSC’s mission is to make effective and innovative scientific contributions in research, teaching, and policy advice to eradicate hunger and achieve food security in collaboration with partner research and education organizations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America and national and international development and research organizations.
The scholarship is awarded for a stay at the University of Hohenheim in Stuttgart, Germany. The monthly grant is 1,000 Euros. In addition, FSC pays for traveling to/from Hohenheim. Health insurance and other costs must be paid for from the stipend.
FSC awards up to four visiting Sandwich Scholarships to PhD students from developing countries for a period of six months in 2013. The Center wishes to attract outstanding PhD students pursuing a career in academia or development collaboration. The scholarship aims at increasing their previously gained scientific knowledge and skills relevant to food security related issues. The successful candidates will receive a scholarship for conducting PhD thesis related research studies and hence adding value to the PhD thesis and contributing to the mission of FSC. In addition, the successful candidates can select from the regular course catalogues of the international MSc and PhD study programs offered by the University of Hohenheim (also including the courses offered in the PhD program “Global Food Security”).
The applicant must provide proof of:
• outstanding study performance in agricultural, nutritional, natural, social, economic or political sciences, or related disciplines with specification on food security related issues with a minimum MSc grade of 2.5;
• working on doctoral studies at her/his home institute by the time of application and by the time the scholarship program commences;
• latest academic degree completed no more than 6 years prior to start of scholarship
• track record of knowledge in the proposed field of study;
• plan to return to his/her home country / country of residence and institute;
• excellent proficiency in oral and written English.
How to apply:
Check here to know the application procedure
The deadline for the application is September 29, 2012.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Click here for more updates on Scholarships