Applications invited by the Ministry of Science and Technology of India for Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) 2012, a component of the Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE).
This scheme offers 10,000 Scholarships every year at Rs.80, 000/- each for undertaking Bachelor and Masters level education in the Natural & Basic sciences.
Candidates will be supported for a maximum period of five years starting from 1st year course in B.Sc, B.Sc (Hons) and integrated course leading to M.S., or M.Sc or till completion of the course, whichever is earlier.
To be eligible for the Scholarships, candidates must possess any of the following criteria:
- Students who happen to be among the top 1% in 12th standard at their respective Board Examinations and are pursuing courses in Natural and Basic sciences at the B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. levels. Courses are not included other than Natural and Basic sciences in the current scheme in view of the focus on research in Basic sciences.
- Students who have secured in the Joint Entrance Examination of IIT top 10,000 ranks, AIEEE (top 10,000 ranks) plus those clearing AIPMT (top 10,000 ranks), and who also opt to study Natural and Basic sciences in any academic institute or university leading to graduate and post-graduate degree, would be eligible for Scholarships.
- Students admitted to Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai or happen to be Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and Science Olympiad Medalists, opting to undertake courses in the Natural & Basic sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees are eligible for "SHE" scholarship.
How to apply:
Before filling up this 'Online Application Form', please scan and store the following documents as separate files that can be uploaded as required, during the 'On-line Application' process.
- Passport size photograph along with signature of the applicant
- 12th class Mark sheet
- 10th class Certificate
- 12th Board Eligibility Note
- Rank certificate of Competitive exams, if any
- Endorsement Form
- Other supportive documents.
Click here for the format of the endorsement form.
Click here for online application form
Applications should be submitted within 120 days from June 19, 2012.
Click here for more details on the scholarship
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+
Do you like this story?