Applications are invited by University Grants Commission for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2013. The objectives of the proposed scheme are :a) to support post graduate education of single girl child in non- professional courses onlyandb) to recognize the value of observance of small family norm.
- The number of slots for Scholarships available under the schemes are 1200 per year.
- It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- The value of Scholarship is Rs.2, 000/- p.m for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
- No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- Any single girl child of her parents. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme. The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- Age: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
How to Apply:
- The candidate is required to submit an application prescribed format;
- Proof of admission to Ist Year Master’s degree course in a recognized Indian University covered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- An affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages.
For more details and information on application procedure, please click here.
Application Deadline: 3rd October, 2012
Check here to know more about Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2013
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Click here for more updates on Scholarships