The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. The Scholarships are available to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities.
Scholarship amount worth $50,000 will be awarded per year for three years.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
- be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD);
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of Results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university;
- have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2012 (see Notes below);
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent; and
How to apply:
Click here to know the application procedure
The application deadline will be November 6, 2012 (8:00 p.m. Eastern Time).
Check here to know more about Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Click here for more updates on Scholarships