SLIET Entrance Test (SET) being conducted by Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET), Longowal for admission to Institute’s various Programs at the level of Certificate, Diploma, Degree, Post-Graduate/M.Sc. and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) for the session 2013-14 was held on 25th May, 2013.
The admission to M.Tech programs will be made on the basis of merit drawn from GATE score (CCMT). The admission to MBA Program will be made on the basis of merit drawn from CMAT-2013 score. Admission to M.Sc. Programs will be based on CUCET / JAM / SET.
Eligibility Criteria for SLIET 2013
- For Certificate programs -The candidates should have pass in matric pass with English, Mathematics and Science is compulsory from a State Education Board / CBSE / ICSE / National Open School or an equivalent examination recognized / approved by MHRD, Government of India.
- For Diploma programs- The minimum qualification for admission to the diploma programs is 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics from a board/university recognized by MHRD, Government of India or a Certificate pass from SLIET in any trade. Minimum Marks in the qualifying examination is 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories). The candidates who have studied Biotechnology or Computer Science or Biology instead of Chemistry at 10+2 level are also eligible
- For Degree programs - All candidates who have passed Diploma course in any discipline from SLIET or from any other polytechnic affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), securing 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) are eligible to compete for admission to the appropriate Degree programs.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for SLIET 2013
- The information brochure/application form for SET-2013 will be available from 1st March, 2013.
- Online Mode - The candidates can apply online through website www.sliet.ac.in/ www.sliet.net.in and pay the required fee of Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST) through Debit Card/Credit Card/Online generated Pay-In-Slip in Bank. Before applying online, the candidates are advised to read carefully the information brochure available on website. (*Bank chargers extra).
- Offline Mode - The information brochure containing application form for entrance test is available at following Branches of Punjab National Bank (PSB) at a payment of Rs. 1,100/- (Rs. 600/- for SC/ST)(for detailed addresses of these branches please refer institute website)(**Bank chargers extra).
- Last date for receipt of Application Form for both ONLINE & OFFLINE is 25th April, 2013.
For more details and information on how to apply, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for SLIET 2013
- The SLIET entrance exam is divided into 8 set of papers and the SET’s are SET - I, SET- II, SET – III, SET- IV, SET- V, SET- VI, SET- VII and SET- VIII.
- There will be only one paper of two and half hours duration of 150 marks for all the SETs separately. There shall be a common paper pattern for SET-II and SET-IV and also for SET-III and SET-V.
- The paper pattern consists of objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect answer, one fourth (1/4) of the marks will be deducted. There will be no deduction in marks for not attempting the question
For details and information on paper pattern, please visit their official website.
- Opening date for application form: Friday, March 01, 2013.
- Last date for filling of applications forms online and offline: Thursday, April 25, 2013.
- SLIET Entrance Test 2013 exam date: Saturday, May 25, 2013.
For frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitterand Google+
For more details and information about SLIET, please visit here.
Do you like this story?