.NET is a Microsoft product released in the year 2002. It allows programmers to use the Web rather than the computer for various services. It was designed to provide seamless interoperability and Web-enabled interfaces for applications and computing devices and to make computing activities increasingly Web browser-oriented.
The .NET platform was designed to provide:
- The ability to make the entire range of computing devices work together and to have user information automatically updated and synchronized on all of them
- Increased interactive capability for Web sites, enabled by greater use of XML (Extensible Markup Language) rather than HTML
- A premium online subscription service, that will feature customized access and delivery of products and services to the user from a central starting point for the management of various applications, such as e-mail, for example, or software, such as Office .NET
- Centralized data storage, which will increase efficiency and ease of access to information, as well as synchronization of information among users and devices
- The ability to integrate various communications media, such as e-mail, faxes, and telephones
- For developers, the ability to create reusable modules, which should increase productivity and reduce the number of programming errors
ASP.NET is also a Microsoft product which is used mainly for the development of web application framework to build dynamic web sites, web applications and web services. It was first released in January 2002 with version 1.0 of the .NET Framework. ASP.NET is built on the Common Language Runtime (CLR), allowing programmers to write ASP.NET code using any supported .NET language.
VB.NET is Microsoft's visual programming environment for creating Web services based on use of the Extensible Markup Language (XML). Visual Studio .NET comes with the .NET Framework.
Microsoft offers the following certification courses for the .NET Framework
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD),
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD)
These certifications is a proof of one's ability to design and develop enterprise solutions by using Microsoft .NET Framework and the Microsoft development tools and technologies. Earning this credential demonstrates that one has the skills necessary to lead organizations in the successful design, implementation, and administration of business solutions with Microsoft products.
Possible career options for .NET certified programmers are
- .Net Architect
- .Net Developer
- .Net Programmer
- ASP programmer
- VB.net Web Developers
Some of the more famous companies that hire are .NET certified programmers are: Mindtree, Capgemini Consulting, Honeywell, Tata Elxsi Limited, IBM, and Microsoft et al.
NIIT, Microsys Technologies, BIIT, Aptech are some of the major training institutes, for .NET, currently in India. The .NET Technologies programs are specially designed for Science and Engineering graduates and final year students. Certain websites offer online tutorials in the form of videos and documents. This allows complete flexibility to the person to study at his/her convenience. This is usually preferred by working processionals. The course structure includes Data Management using SQL Server, XML, Microsoft .NET Framework Application Development, Windows Programming using Visual C#, Web Application Development with Visual Studio 2005.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information on software please visit here.