The UAE embassy in your country or the relevant authority in the UAE (DNRD in Dubai) is probably the only source of information you can rely on - even government websites can be slow to update.
Types of student visa
Family-Sponsored : Students attending an educational institution may be permitted to make their UAE visa application based on the sponsorship of their parents. This option is available to full-time students.But there is some age limit: Sons under the age of 18, Daughter: Any age if unmarried. They would need to apply for a B1/B2 visa unless they plan to apply for their own student visa.
Educator-sponsored: Some of the educational institutes provide this kind of visa for students enrolling themselves for full-time courses
Students should verify with their sponsoring academic institutions that they are entered into SEVIS before they apply for a visa. Upon receiving the I-20 form, students are required to pay a SEVIS fee
Short-stay: If you are studying for a shorter period of time (60 days) you must apply for a short-term student visa. Although this can be renewed as needed.
Global Visa: Global Visas has a team of immigration experts ready to help you organize your study in UAE.
Visa Application Procedure
Applicants may apply at the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi and if already possess an I-20 or DS-2019, then without an appointment at 10 a.m. on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday – excluding U.S. and Emirati holidays.
- University letter requesting residence permits (Letter of mediation)
- 2 recent passport photographs
- 2 copies of the passport (validity minimum 6 months)
- Acceptance letter from the University
- 2 Copies of educational degrees; university/college/high school etc (attested by the Foreign Ministry)
- 1 Letter of confirmation from the sponsor of the studies & copy
- 2 copies of the Bank statements
- Health Insurance for students whose studies will not last more than 1 year.
Do you like this story?