Pursuing an MS Computer Science Program in the US
For many engineering students from India, it would be an understatement to say that doing an MS Computer Science program in US is one of the most preferred course choices. The program is popular among not only fresh graduates but also computer professionals with a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree. It offers computer professionals an opportunity to enhance their career growth by pursuing advanced studies.
Admission Criteria for Pursuing an MS Computer Science Program in the US
· Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
· Candidate should submit a good statement of purpose (SoP) and recommendation letters.
· Completion of the on-line application.
Cost of Pursuing an MS Computer Science Program in the US
The cost incurred in pursuing an MS Computer Science program in the US is around US$30,000–45,000. The tuition fee is different for each university. The tuition fee for MS programs in top universities is usually higher. The annual cost of living is around US$1,200 per month.
Experts say that the universities with MS course in the range of $30,000 to $40,000 for 2 years include New Jersey City University, Ohio State University, Clemson University, Adelphi University etc. On the extreme end of the spectrum, with MS courses costing $60,000 and above are the ultra elite universities in the US, namely the MIT, the Harvard, the Stanford, the Wharton, Boston University etc.
Why opt for an MS Computer Science Program in the US:
· Universities in the USA have state-of-the-art computer labs and multimedia studios with the latest technology which enable students to receive advanced training in their chosen field of study.
· The US universities offer a very high standard computer science curriculum which includes advanced research methods, programming languages, architecture, network security and artificial intelligence.
· The US colleges hire the best faculty and guest lecturers in the world.
· Being the top education destination in the world, a USA degree is worth a lot in international job market.
Advantages of Pursuing an MS Computer Science Program in the US:
· The MS Computer Science program offered in US universities does not have a fixed course design. As a result, students have the option to design their own courses in consultation with college advisors. Hence, students can choose their own area of specialization as long as they stay within broad guidelines.
· Students can complete the program within a short period of time since the course duration is 12–15 months.
· Students from non-computer science backgrounds can also pursue MS program with an additional semester meant to bring them on par with those with prior computer knowledge.
· A Computer Science degree from the US helps students obtain good employment in multinational software companies.
· A Computer Science graduate from the US is equipped to begin career as an IT consultant, IT analyst, database administrator, technical analyst, software programmer, software designer, product development–analyst/architect, web application developer, professor and network administrator.
Top Computer Science Colleges in the US (QS world university rankings):
No results? Submit your query and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
You may also like to read
Related Question and Answer