St Stephen's college commences online sale of applications

Published On: 22 May 2012

 | Last Updated On: 22 May 2012

St Stephen's College has kick started its admission process with the sale of online application forms on Monday, May 21, 2012.The printed forms will be available from June 4 along with the forms of other Delhi University colleges.

Students can obtain the online application forms at Rs 50(online registering fee) while the printed forms are priced at Rs 250 each. Sources from the college revealed, this move is to allow more students opt for online forms as the college is committed to conserve the environment with minimum usage of paper.

As per its admission policy adopted in 2011-12.Class X marks will not be considered and Class XII marks will have a weightage of 85%. The remaining 15% will be based on the final interview. The merit differential stands at a maximum of 15% between the reserved and general categories.

The cutoffs for different courses will be declared in the third week of June, 2012. Last year, for 9 out of 11 undergraduate courses, the cutoffs shot up by 0.50% to 5%. The humanities students opting for Mathematics, History had to face 3.5% increase in the cutoffs. The cutoff for Economics and English ranged from 96.5% to 97.5% and 94.4% to 97% respectively, while the cutoffs for 4 science courses were also increased.

The college had received over 4,800 applications online and 550 downloaded applications while more than 16,000 applications were submitted over the counter in 2011.

Over 420 seats are available for students seeking admission to the college. 

Source: Times of India

For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,

Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitterand Google+

Do you like this story?
comments powered by Disqus

Related Question and Answer