Mumbai University known earlier as University of Bombay is one of the oldest and premier Universities in India. It was established in 1857 consequent upon Wood's Education Dispatch, and it is one amongst the first three Universities in India.
As a sequel to the change in the name of the city from Bombay to Mumbai, the name of the University has been changed from University of Bombay to University of Mumbai, vide notification issued by the Government of Maharashtra and published in the Government Gazette in 1996. Candidates desirous of getting admissions must see to that they get through the eligibility criterions laid down by the Mumbai University.
Eligibility Criteria at Mumbai University
- The Students passed 12th Grade from other than Maharashtra Board or any under graduate or post graduate degree course examination from other than Mumbai University shall submit their provisional eligibility form through the College/Institutes/Departments where the admission to first year degree course or any other Under Graduate/Post Graduate degree courses are conducted.
- The students coming from the foreign Boards/Universities may directly approach the eligibility section of the Mumbai University for verification of documents and collecting the prima facie letter for seeking the admission to Under Graduate/Post Graduate degree courses colleges/Institutions/Departments.
- The Prima facie eligible letter does not assure the holder of a seat. It only declares that student is eligible for admission to a particular course of study in this University.
- On submission of forms of eligibility through the Colleges/Institutions and University Departments, the provisional eligibility certificates shall be issued through the Colleges/Institutions and University Departments, where the students are pursuing their studies at under graduate/post graduate level.
- No individual students shall be permitted to visit any officials of the eligibility section for the purpose of obtaining the provisional eligibility certificates.
- Only on receipt of the original documents from the respective Colleges/Institutions and University Departments, the confirmation of eligibility will be done by the eligibility section and there after the same will be informed to the Colleges/Institution and departments. However, on the completion of the eligibility confirmation process the result of the respective examinations will be declared by the University. This may please be noted.
- No College shall be forwarded eligibility/enrollment forms with student.
- Students get admission in the colleges, only after they have received the provisional eligibility certificate from Mumbai University.
Do you like this story?
Click here to know more about Mumbai University
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+