U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA) has announced the exam dates for Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance Test (UPCMET-2014), which will be conducted in May 2014. The UPCMET exam will be held on Saturday, May 31, 2014.
UPCMET is an entrance exam, which is conducted by UPUMCWA for taking admission to 1st year Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) programs in the member colleges for the academic session 2014-15.
For more details on the member colleges, click here.
Eligibility Criteria for UPCMET 2014:
- Admission is open to all citizen of India
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 level examination of UP Board / ISC/CBSE or its equivalent from any recognized Board/University with English as a subject; securing minimum 50% (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC) marks on average in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (including practical examination) taken together.
- Candidates appearing in 10+2 examination of 2014 are also eligible to appear in entrance test but at the time of counseling they have to produce the passing mark-sheet of 10+2 examination, failing which no allotment of seats will be made.
- To appear in the entrance examination candidate should have completed 17 years as on 31st December, 2014.
Application Procedure for UPCMET 2014:
- Application Forms of UPCMET -2014 are available in following modes:
- Mode–I: The information brochure and OMR application form can be obtained in person from the cash counters of the participating member colleges on cash payment of Rs. 1000 & sent through speed post.
- Mode-II: Application forms can be downloaded from the website www.upumcwa.org and such applications are to be completely filled and sent along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- in favor of UPUMCWA payable at Bareilly (U.P.).
- Mode-III: Completely filled Online through the link provided on the website www.upumcwa.org.
- The application form complete in all respect should reach to the the “Coordinator-UPCMET 2014, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly-243 001”latest by April 30, 2014.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for UPCMET 2014:
- The test consists of 2 papers: Paper I and Paper II.
- The distribution of questions for each paper is as follows:
Paper-I: Physical & Biological Sciences:
Section - A:
Section - B:
Physics: 50 Questions
Zoology: 50 Questions
Chemistry: 50 Questions
Botany: 50 Questions
Total: 100 Questions
Total: 100 Questions
Paper-II: General English (Qualifying paper)
General English: 50 Questions
Total: 50 Questions
- Paper-I will be of 200 marks and Paper-II will be of 50 marks. But combined maximum marks for merit in UPCMET would be 200 i.e. Total marks of Paper-I and Paper-II will be of qualifying nature.
- There will be negative marks of 1/4 for each wrong answer.
- More than one answer marked in OMR answer sheet will also be considered as wrong answer.
For more details and information on paper pattern, please visit their official website.
- Last date of form submission: Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
- Date of entrance test: Saturday, May 31, 2014.
- Date of result declaration: Sunday, June 15, 2014.
For frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+
For more details and information about UPCMET please visit here.
Do you like this story?