Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the dates for the Geologists’ exam 2013, which will be conducted in November 2013. The Geologists’ exam will be held for 3 days starting from Saturday, November 09, 2013.
Geologists is an entrance exam conducted by UPSC for recruitment for two categories viz. Category I (Posts in Geological Survey of India) and Category II (Posts in Central Ground Water Board).
Eligibility Criteria for Geologists’ Exam 2013:
- Candidate holding a master's degree in Geology/Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a recognized university are eligible to apply.
- Candidates holding diploma of associate ship in Applied Geology of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a master's degree in Mineral exploration, Hydrogeology from a recognized university for posts in GSI and CGWB respectively can also apply.
- Candidates appearing in the requisite qualification can also apply for the examination but are required to submit proof of passing along with detailed application form.
Application Procedure for Geologists’ Exam 2013:
Candidates need to apply online.
For details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for Geologists’ Exam 2013:
- The examination is divided into 2 sections.
- Section one consists of written test which includes (i) General English (ii) Geology paper I (iii) Geology paper II (iv) Geology paper III (v) Hydrogeology.
- Candidates competing for both categories have to appear in the above mentioned papers.
- Section two includes interview for personality test.
Note: For category I candidates have to appear in papers (i) to (iv) above only and for category II in papers (i) to (iii) and (v) above only.
- Last date of receiving application forms: Monday, September 23, 2013.
- Date of Geologists’ exam: Saturday, November 09, 2013.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information about Geologists’ exam, please visit here.