Union Public Service Commission has announced the dates for Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service (IES/ISS) Examination, which will be conducted in December 2012. The IES/ISS Exam will be held on Saturday, December 1, 2012. (3 days)
IES/ISSexamination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to the Grade IV officers for the Indian Statistical Service (ISS) and Indian Economic Service (IES).
IES/ISS 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- For Indian Economic Service:Post graduate degree from a recognized university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.
- For Indian Statistical Service: Post grade degree from an Indian university in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Mathematical Statistics.
- Candidates appearing in qualifying degree exams are also eligible provisionally subject to producing proof of passing along with detailed application form.
Application Procedure for IES/ISS 2012
For details and information on how to apply, please visit official website.
IES/ISS 2012 Paper Pattern
The examination is of conventional type. It is divided into 2 sections. Section one includes written examination and section two includes interview for personality test. Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service examination will have 1000 marks each.
- Last date for receipt of applications either by hand or by post/speed post or by courier: Monday, September 17, 2012
- Date of examination: Saturday,December 1, 2012. (3 days)