Union Public Service Commission has announced the dates for National Defense Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA), which will be conducted in August 2012. The NDA & NA entrance exam will be held on Sunday, August 19, 2012.
NDA & NA entrance exam is held for taking admission into the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 122nd course and Naval Academy for the 42nd 10+2 (executive branch). The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the Results of this examination will be 335 (195 for the Army, 39 for Navy, 66 for the Air Force and 35 for the executive branch of Naval Academy).
NDA & NA 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- For Army wing of National Defense Academy: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a university.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defense Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a state education board or a university.
Application Procedure for NDA & NA 2012
- Candidates may apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/.
- Candidates can also apply offline in the common application form devised by the commission for its examinations which can be processed on computerized machines.
For detailed information about how to apply please visit the official website.
NDA & NA Paper Pattern
The entrance exam paper consists of objective type questions. The duration of both the subjects of Mathematics and General Ability Test is two and half hours. The candidates are not allowed to use calculator or mathematical table for answering objective type papers.
For detailed information about the paper pattern please visit the official website.
- Last date for receipt of applications either by hand or by post/speed post or by courier: Monday, June 4, 2012
- Date of examination: Sunday, August 19, 2012
NDA & NA entrance exam August 2012 will be conducted in 41 cities all across India.