VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is conducted by VIT, Vellore which is emerging as a benchmark for continuous journey towards excellence, among the institutions of higher education in the field of technology in the country. VIT students get to feel the taste of a boundary-less world through a heterogeneous mixture of students from across the globe, who have made VIT as their institution of choice. The VITEEE 2017 will be held from Wednesday, April 05, 2017 to Sunday, April 16, 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2017:
- Nationality: The applicant for admission should be a resident/non-resident Indian national.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2017 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2017, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2017 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2017, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- Candidates who have studied in regular, full time and formal education are alone eligible to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination: Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2017 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
- Certificate to prove nativity (refer information brochure for the format) should be produced at the time of counseling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the 15 B.Tech programs.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programs. They are also eligible for B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
- Age Limit: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1995 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017.The date of birth as recorded in the High School/SSC/X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counseling, failing for which they will be disqualified.