VIT University (VIT), Vellore has announced the exam dates for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE 2014), which will be conducted in April 2014. The VITEEE exam will be held from Wednesday, April 09, 2014 to Sunday, April 20, 2014.
VITEEE is a computer based entrance exam, conducted by VIT University for admission to B.Tech programs with specializations in Biotech, Biomed, Civil, CSE, CSE in Bioinformatics, ECE, EEE, EIE, IT, M.Tech, M.Tech (Energy), M.Tech (Chemical), M.Tech (Auto), Production & IE offered at Vellore and Chennai campuses for the commencing session 2014-15.
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2014:
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2014 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who have studied in regular, full time and formal education are alone eligible to apply.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for VITEEE 2014:
- Apply online at www.vit.ac.in.
- Offline application forms can be obtained:
- By sending a demand draft for Rs. 975/- drawn in favor of "VIT University", payable at Vellore, to the Director-UG Admissions with a request letter containing the full address of the applicant.
- From the designated branches of post offices on cash payment of Rs. 975/- (list available on the website).
- By handing over a DD for Rs. 975/- in person at VIT University, Vellore or at VIT, Chennai campus.
For more details and information on application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for VITEEE 2014:
- The duration of the VITEEE entrance exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- All questions will be of objective type
- Part-I - Physics
- Part-II - Chemistry
- Part-III - Mathematics/Biology
- The selection of pattern (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics or Biology) has to be decided at the time of slot booking (March 2014).
- All the questions will be mostly from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus only.
- Each part has 40 questions and each question carries one mark.
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same.
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
- The question paper will be only in English.
- Availability of application forms: Wednesday, December 04, 2013.
- Last date for issue/receipt of application forms: Monday, March 10, 2014.
- Date of entrance test: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 to Sunday, April 20, 2014.
- Declaration of Results (Tentatively): Monday, April 28, 2014.