As XAT exam is approaching fast, you need to prepare yourself with sufficient practice to tackle the questions in general awareness section. Only 30 days are left for the exam! Try to utilize this time in an effective manner.
The marks of general knowledge will not be used for determining the percentile and cut off at first stage of selection. However, it is used by XLRI and some other Associate Member Institutes at the time of final selection. Minglebox presents you with a preparation strategy for general awareness section:
Preparation strategy for general awareness section:
General Awareness section in XAT exam essentially tests the IQ of a student. This section contains generic questions from current happenings and static GK based questions. One year old events both at national and international levels are also expected. Business (Acquisitions & Mergers), politics, sports, history, awards and distinctions, books - anything could be a part of this section. Regular reading habit and good knowledge on current affairs is the only key to ace this section in XAT exam.
Tips to crack General Awareness section in XAT exam:
- Keep yourself updated with the current happening by reading newspapers, watching news on television, reading current affairs books etc.
- Spend at least 1-2 hours every day in practicing question based on general awareness. Practice will help you develop the skills to tackle such problems in an effective manner.
- Do not concentrate on only 1-2 topics. Preparation in terms of news should be covered from all aspects such as politics, sports, entertainment, awards etc.
- Try to practice as many free online test for general knowledge you can manage. Neglecting this section can affect your overall performance.
- You can note down all the current affairs in a note book, which will be helpful for last minute revision.
- Utilize the internet for keeping yourself up-to-date.
- Take feedback from people who have taken XAT earlier, read XAT updates on educational blogs and forums, which are quite helpful.
- Awareness is the only key to ace this section in XAT entrance exam.
As there is no pre-defined syllabus for general awareness section, you need to brush up regularly whatever you have read.
Best of Luck!