Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is an aptitude test conducted by XLRI on behalf of the XAMI for admission to various postgraduate programs. XAT exam will be held on Saturday, January 05, 2015. For more than 60 years XLRI is conducting test at all India level to select the most appropriate for management education. The test score is being used by more than 100 institutes for the admission. XAT 2015 would also be conducted across India and two international cities- Dubai and Kathmandu.
Eligibility for XAT 2015 -
- Candidates who have completed bachelor's degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university from India/abroad are eligible to apply.
- Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2015 may also apply. Other XAT Associate Member Institutes may have a different date regarding the completion of the final examination.
Application Procedure for XAT 2015-
- XAT Registration: Visit xatonline.net.in and click "XAT Registration". Fill preliminary information, enter a password of your choice and submit it. After submission of these details applicant receives XAT ID by email. (Next time you will be allowed to login with your XAT ID and password).
- Complete Form: Login to XAT account and fill educational and other details and choose the test city.
- Fee Payment: The fee for XAT 2015 is Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) for all applicants.
- Select Mode of Payment: There are three possible modes of payment
- Mode 1: Online Payment Gateway -
- Through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards (American Express Card is inadmissible).
- IDBI Net banking (this option is available only for IDBI account holder).
- Mode 2: Cash Payment - Applicant has to take a print out of the XAT pay-in-slip visit nearest IDBI bank and make the payment.
- Mode 3: Demand Draft - Applicant has to get a DD made in favour of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur.
For more details and information on XAT application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for XAT 2015 -
XAT 2015 will be on the similar pattern like last few years.
- It will have four sections -
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge.
- The marks of General Knowledge will not be used for determining the percentile and cut off at first stage of selection. However it is used by XLRI and some other Associate Member Institutes at the time of final selection.
- The test will be of 3 hours i.e. from 10:30 am to 01:30 pm.
Important Dates -
- Date of commencement of application: Tuesday, August 12, 2014.
- Last date for applying: Saturday, November 22, 2014.
- Last date to change test city: Wednesday, November 26, 2014.
- Downloading of admit cards: Thursday, December 18, 2014 to Wednesday, December 31, 2014.
- Date of exam: January 04, 2015 from 10.30 am to 01.30 pm.
- Publication of Results: Saturday, January 31, 2015.
For moreinformation about XAT exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?