Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is conducted by XLRI on behalf of the XAMI. XAT is conducted on the first Sunday of January every year for taking admission in various post graduate management courses in over 100 institutes across the country for the session commencing in 2017.
For more than 60 years XLRI is conducting XAT at all India level to select the most appropriate students for management education.
Paper Pattern for XAT 2017:
- The test will be of 3 1/2 hours (10:00am to 1:30pm).
- It will have four sections:
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- The format of XAT would remain pen-paper based.
- This is to ensure that candidates of all backgrounds are at par, so that those who have pre-familiarity of operating computers, specially coming from privileged background or having worked in IT sector, do not get any advantage over others who do not have access to computers.
- The paper-pen mode also ensures that all candidates are tested on exactly the same set of questions, and not on different sets.