PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore will organize a two days national level workshop on “Exigent apprehensions in scaling up and stacking fuel cells” which is to be held from June 22, 2012 to June 23, 2012.
The workshop will serve as an imminent avenue of improving energy efficiency in fuel cells to enables designers to develop better designs, also enhances in-depth understanding of Proton exchange membrane Fuel cells (PEMFC) for energy efficiency, performance, safety and economics. This underpinning course will follow a line of investigation and progress in “Scaling up & Stacking Fuel Cells”. The programme will also step forward the ability of faculty in carrying out testing and consultancy in the area of fuel cell technology.
Developing countries like India is facing a huge challenge in technology up gradation and diversification of various industrial sectors. The burgeoning energy needs of the country and the ever rising generation-demand gap of energy has forced our country to look for alternate fuels and technologies for efficient replacement. One such technology is the fuel cell technology.
Currently, active research in this area is underway in several areas such as, reducing the platinum catalyst loading, seeking inexpensive materials and construction methods, and improving cell performance and durability.
- Building up of Proton exchange membrane Fuel cells
- Modeling studies on PEMFC using commercial CFD packages
- Thermal and water management issues for performance enhanced studies on PEMFC
- MEA preparation for better platinum catalyst utilization and platinum alloy catalyst for PEMFC
- Fuel cell for automobile applications: PEMFC stack – design and development, various issues for system development and system integration
- Fuel cell for high energy density applications: Solid oxide fuel cells - materials and development
- Hydrogen generation and storage issues & Scale up issues of fuel cells.
- Engineering College teachers working in various disciplines are eligible to apply. The interested practicing engineers from industries and R&D organizations may also apply.
Faculty and organization of the programs:
- The resource faculty will be from Center for Fuel Cell Technology (CFCT), IITs, PSG College of Technology and PSG Institute of Advanced Studies.
Boarding and Lodging:
- Boarding and lodging will be provided to participants in the college campus based upon availability.
Registration Fee: Rs. 500/- per participant
The course fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments. Registration for the workshop can be made by sending the duly filled registration form along with a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Principal, PSG College of Technology” payable at Coimbatore.
How to Apply
The applicants should send their applications in the specified format through their Principal or Sponsor to us on or before June 12, 2012.
Venue: PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Last date for the receipt of application: June 12, 2012
- Date of intimation regarding selection: June 14, 2012
- Confirmation by participants: June 18, 2012
For online registration and application forms click here.
Event Official Site: www.psgtech.edu/conference_workshop.html
Mrs. D. Rekha
Department of Automobile Engineering
PSG College of Technology, Peelamedu
Coimbatore – 641 004, Tamil Nadu
Contact No: +91 99943 67552
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information about PSG events please visit here.