Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore has announced the exam dates for Common Admission Test (CAT-2014), which will be conducted in November 2014. The CAT will be held only for two days this year i.e. on Sunday, November 16, 2014 and Saturday, November 22, 2014.
CAT is conducted for taking admission to various management programs of IIMs for the session 2014. Unlike previous years, IIM-Indore which is holding the exam has cut short the window period for holding examination.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2014:
- The candidate holding bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) categories), awarded by any of theuniversities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament declared to be deemed as a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 are eligible to apply.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for CAT 2014:
- Candidates can register online from Wednesday, August 06, 2014 to Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
- The fee is Rs.1600/- for general and NC-OBC candidates. For SC/ST/PWD (DA) category the applicable fee is Rs.800/-.
Paper Pattern for CAT 2014:
- The CAT 2014 will have only two sections.
- The first section is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation; the second section is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
- These two sections will be implemented sequentially with separate time limits. The examination will be 170 minutes.
- Candidates will have to answer 50 questions within each section which will have an on-screen countdown timer.
- Date of registration: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 to Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
- Download of admit card: Thursday, October 16, 2014.
- Date of CAT: Sunday, November 16, 2014 and Saturday, November 22, 2014.
- Declaration of result: third week of December, 2014.