Common Admission Test (CAT) is one of the key tests for obtaining admissions into management courses in India. The Indian Institute of Management conducts the CAT every year. In 2016, The Common Admission Test (CAT) has been conducted successfully by IIM Bangalore on Sunday, December 04, 2016, across 138 cities in the country in two sessions. CAT is a gateway exam for getting into IIMs and other top tier B-Schools. Other top-tier business schools that accept CAT as selection criteria are: Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) - Delhi University, Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon, SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) and the Indian School of Business (ISB). This year, CAT 2017 is expected to be held in the 1st week of December 2017.
How to apply for CAT 2017:
- Register to create a profile
- Login with system generated user ID and password
- Submit application which includes filling details and making an online payment
Upon creating a profile, you will receive a user ID on email and password on your mobile number. Using these credentials you can log in as existing user to fill out the application form.
Step 1: Registration to get User ID and Password:
On the website, www.iimcat.ac.in, click on ‘Register Now’ for creating your user profile. The registration form window will open in your browser to create your user profile. The entries on this form cannot be changed once submitted, hence, ensure that you enter the required information correctly.
Within minutes of submitting the registration form, you will receive a user ID on the registered email address from the Administrator with the subject line CAT 2017 login details. Ensure that you check your mailbox immediately and that it is not considered as spam mail.
You will also receive the login password as an SMS on the registered mobile number from sender LM-IIMCAT. Using these credentials, you may proceed to complete your application for CAT 2017 by clicking on the link given in the email. Candidates may also login from the CAT website.
Step 3: Fill Application Form:
The application form is categorized into the following five sections:
Once you have completed the last section, i.e. payment, your application to CAT 2017 is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. Post this, changes to any information provided on the application form is not possible. However, you may print or save the form from the website.
- Work Experience
- A general/NC-OBC candidate will be charged Rs. 1700/- while an SC/ST /PWD (DA) candidate will be charged Rs. 800/- to take the CAT 2017 examination. The CAT 2017 payment partner, BillDesk, will be displayed. On this page, you have various options to make the payment for the examination.
- Post successful transaction of your payment, you will be redirected back to the CAT 2017 website. A payment successful message will be displayed on the screen along with the payment transaction number.
- Application Confirmation Email: You will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT 2017 application within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as admit card download window.
- Application Summary: Going forward, when you log onto the CAT website as an existing user, you will see the application summary window with two tabs:
- Application Summary: Read only view of the details you have entered.
- Download Application Form: Download the application summary to save or print.