MIT Institute of Design & Avantika University - Admissions Open for Fashion & Design - Apply Now!!


CBSEs open book exam system motivates other state boards to improve examination standards

Published On: 02 Aug 2012 | Last Updated On: 02 Aug 2012

The introduction of ‘open book exam’ concept by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has motivated other state boards also to bring in changes in their examination and evaluation system. Many educationists expressed that the concept will help in moving from the traditional rote learning to a more application based approach.

Over the years, all the boards have taken constructive steps to improve the education system. The introduction of skill based subjects by the ICSE board has reduced the burden on students. They now have the option to choose subjects such as technical writing and yoga instead of struggling with second and third languages.

The Maharashtra board has also made quite a few changes for the better. Five years ago, it introduced a method where 80% of the students’ marks would depend on theory exams and the rest 20% on internal assessment. The board also introduced the Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) system for the Mathematics and Science subjects this year.

The introduction of these new examination and evaluation systems will motivate students to understand a particular subject and logically apply it during exams instead of blindly learning the answers.

Source: Times of India

For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,

Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+

Do you like this story?
You might also read
comments powered by Disqus
subscribe to our Newsletter