CMC Vellore is an all India level medical entrance test conducted by the Christian medical college, Vellore. CMC Vellore common entrance exam is a paper based test for the medical course aspirants. The common entrance test being conducted every year in various cities like Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Puducherry, Thiruvananthapuram and Vellore.
Students from all over India participating into the common entrance test conducted by the CMC, Vellore to take admission in to its various under graduate and post graduate courses in various disciplines.
Paper Pattern for CMC Vellore Common Entrance Exam 2013 -
1. The written test will be of 2 types:
a. A GENERAL paper consisting of multiple choice questions drawn from all subjects taught in the undergraduate medical course.
b. A SPECIAL paper consisting of multiple choice questions in the specialty for which the candidate has applied and subjects allied to it e.g., the paper for E.N.T. may include questions in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, etc., with respect to the ear, nose and throat.
1. i. A candidate may write a general paper for all his/her choices (a maximum of 4 courses in 2 subjects)
ii. They may write a General paper for selection to a course in one subject and write a Special paper for selection to the second course.
2. Candidates will not be permitted to write two Special papers.
3. Candidates are NOT permitted to write both the General paper and the Special paper for selection to two courses of the SAME SPECIALTY.
The duration of the General and Special papers are 3 hours each (225 questions). All candidates who wish to take the written test are required to be in their assigned seats at the time, date and place stipulated on the Hall ticket. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall after 30 minutes of the stipulated examination commencement time.
Those who cannot take the examination on a Saturday for religious reasons (eg. SDAs) should apply separately to the Registrar for special arrangements to take the examination. This special arrangement however will only be available at Vellore.
For those taking the exams in Vellore: Please note that no accommodation will be available in the Hospital Annexe or any of the institutional guest houses or hostels during this period.
Information on Entrance Tests –
- You should have your Hall Ticket bearing your roll number with you.
- USING A PEN, Write your name, hall ticket number and sign at the bottom of your answer sheet in the space provided. USING A PENCIL shade in your hall ticket number into the boxes provided.
- The entrance tests are of the ‘objective’ or multiple choice answer type, and can be of different types (see examples at the end). There will be questions printed in the test booklet.
- In the answer sheet, the serial numbers of each question will be printed and against each number, there will be boxes provided for you to shade the correct answer.
- For shading answers use only a HB pencil or black ball point pen. Using a pencil is to your advantage to erase a wrong entry.
- If you want to change your answer, be sure to erase your wrong answer completely with an eraser and shade the correct box.
- You will NOT be permitted to take rough paper, scale, calculators, CELLULAR PHONES pagers or any electronic equipment into the examination hall. Some sample questions from each of the various tests are given below. These cover the types of questions that will be asked. You will be given instructions for each type of question when you start a new section on the question booklet.
- There is no negative mark for wrong answers.
- All questions carry 1 mark except for ‘True and False’ which carries 0.5 marks for each response.
Examination Centers –
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,