Alfred University (AU) established in 1836, is a private coeducational institution. Alfred University is a friendly, vibrant living/learning community. About 2,000 undergraduates and nearly 300 graduate students from 31 states and 20 countries attend full-time on the Alfred campus. They have an additional 118 part-time graduate students on the AU campus and 189 part-time graduate students enrolled in our downstate program. The University offers 40 undergraduate majors and a host of clubs, organizations and recreational opportunities.
Alfred University aims to provide academically challenging programs in a student-centered environment in order to prepare well-educated, independent thinkers ready for lives of continuous intellectual and personal growth. They are committed to both teaching and research, and are devoted to the pursuit of technical expertise, artistic creativity and humanistic learning. Alfred University will be nationally recognized as a preeminent, small comprehensive university dedicated to inspiring individuals and preparing them to excel intellectually and personally.
Campus of Alfred University -
Alfred University is located in Alfred, a village in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains about an hour west of Corning, an hour and a half south of Rochester and two hours from Buffalo. The University is spread across an area of 232 acre with more than 50 academic and residential buildings.
Why Choose Alfred University?
- Alfred University is 8th in the nation among master's degree institutions according to the 2011 Top 10 College Rankings by Washington Monthly.
- More than 95% of their students receive some form of financial assistance.
- The University has outstanding faculty members and provides unique facilities.
- It is nestled between the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains and the Finger Lakes region in western NY.
Facilities at Alfred University -
- Class Rooms
- IT Services
Colleges/Schools at Alfred University -
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Professional Studies
- School of Art and Design
- School of Business
- Inamori School of Engineering
- Graduate School
Undergraduate Application Process, Academic Life and Tuition Fees at Alfred University -
Application Process for Alfred University -
- Application Deadline – Rolling admission
- Score Req. / Eligibility – Either SAT or ACT
- Deadline for SAT/ACT score acceptance – August 1
Academic and Student Life at Alfred University -
The student-faculty ratio at Alfred University is 13:1. Nearly 1,953 students get enrolled every year here. The gender distribution of 51% male students and 49% female students and academic calendar for at Alfred University is semester based. The 4 popular majors here are:
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services
Tuition Fees for Alfred University -
Tuition fee for Alfred University is $27,754.
Information Regarding Graduate Programs at Alfred University -
Alfred University's graduate school was established in 1947 and has earned international recognition for its programs including ceramic arts and ceramic engineering. The university grants graduate degrees at the master's and doctoral levels. All the graduate programs stress a high degree of interaction between students and faculty and combine theory with practical, professional experience.