Bharat Ratna Dr B.R. Ambedkar Vishwavidyalaya, Delhi (Ambedkar University, Delhi or AUD) was established by the Government of the NCT of Delhi through an Act of the State Legislature in 2007. The University is named after Dr B.R. Ambedkar, the visionary Indian reformer. AUD is a public University with a campus-based, unitary structure with research, postgraduate and undergraduate programmes in the social sciences and the humanities.
AUD is the only university in this region to cater exclusively to the study of the humanities and the social sciences. The University aspires to mould its students into informed and sensitive professionals who will engage with their social responsibilities and will react to the needs of the marginalised sections of our society. The programs and the structure of the University will therefore highlights this aspect while in no way losing sight of reaching and striving towards excellence.
Why choose Ambedkar University?
- Each program at the University is designed by the faculty, is cutting edge, interdisciplinary and interactive.
- A non-hierarchical, collegial, liberal university atmosphere.
- Handpicked faculty from the best universities in India and abroad, with through understanding of interdisciplinary research, methodologies and practice.
- It has range of discipline based/interdisciplinary elective courses and applied courses, at both the UG and PG level.
- AUD has unique undergraduate programs with multiple exit possibilities enabling students to graduate after three years with a single major or after four years with a dual major.
- A common module in UG studies with foundation skills comprising language, writing skills, communication skills, analytical reasoning and a core module in social sciences.
- It has emphasis on group work, field work and project work, internships and professional partnerships.
- A networked campus with a range of facilities and various recreational and extra-curricular activities.
Campuses of Ambedkar University -
The University campus is housed in a 400 year old heritage buildings complex, located at the Lothian Road, Kashmere Gate, Delhi-110006, where we have a 3-acre sprawling green campus in the heart old Delhi.
Facilities at Ambedkar University -
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Computer Lab
- ECA and Sports
- IT Services
- Medical Centre
Schools at Ambedkar University -
- School of Development Studies
- School of Educational Studies
- School of Human Ecology
- School of Human Studies
- School of Undergraduate Studies
- School of Culture and Creative Expressions
- School of Design
- School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship
- School of Law, Governance andCitizenship
- School of Liberal Studies
Student's Life at Ambedkar University -
Students at AUD start their day with classes, but it gradually transforms into a day where students become part of a wide range of events happening across the university. AUD students spend their day engaging in these activities, enjoying each moment with full zeal and then preparing for the events of the next day with equal enthusiasm.
Film screenings, literary festivals, musical nights, street plays, poetry recitations and other such events bring diverse kind of culture to the students; they not only enjoy but also learn.
International Collaboration at Ambedkar University -
AUD has explored opportunities for international educational cooperation and signed (bilateral) memoranda of understanding with foreign institutions and negotiated with institutions to establish international student and faculty exchanges, joint degree programs, research collaboration and educational program design. The University’s international partnerships are overseen by the Advisory Committee for International Partnerships (ACIP) whose primary role is to advise and manage the academic agreements between the University and foreign institutions/international agencies for exchange of students and faculty.
|Location||:||Lothian Road, Near Old Delhi Raiway Station
|Contact No||:||+91-11-23863740, 23863743|