Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University (AVVU), Coimbatore was established in 1994 as a School of Engineering ans later it became a University in 2003 under the aegis of Mata Amritanandamayi Math. The University is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research university that is accredited 'A' by NAAC and recognized by UGC. It is ranked as one of the best research universities in India and it has emerged as one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in India.
Amrita University has been ranked in the Ivy League of Indian universities in the 2009 review of Deemed Universities constituted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham was placed in the top category by the Ministry of Human Resource Development's Deemed University Review Committee and as such, it is considered as one among the ivy-league Indian Universities such as IISc, TIFR, NIMHANS and BITS.
Amrita University personifies multi-disciplinary academic excellence through the exceptional quality of its education system that is modern and comprehensive, with special emphasis on core human values. The University has 12 super specialty schools and 45 departments, student population of around 18,000 and a faculty strength of over 1700, all the schools are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The course curriculum is credit-based, and the syllabus is industry and research oriented.
Why Choose Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University?
- The University has over 195 undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs.
- It has 15 constituent schools in various fields.
- Amrita University has adopted a credit based system in keeping with the best traditions of international universities.
- The University continuously collaborates with top US universities including Ivy league universities and top European universities for regular student exchange programs.
- Amrita University provides quality education for a significant number of students.
- Programs are offered in engineering, arts, sciences, medicine and allied fields, ayurveda, biotechnology, management, journalism and social work and research is actively promoted in these areas.
- Amrita University aims to become an outstanding institution for learning and research, so that India can once again flourish as a seat of knowledge.
- Amrita Technologies has developed an integrated world-class University Management System (AUMS).
Campus of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University -
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has five campuses in three different states of India, with its headquarters in Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. It has four other campuses, namely the Amritapuri and Kochi campuses in Kerala and the Bangalore and Mysore Campuses in Karnataka.
Facilities at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University -
- Class Rooms
- Guest House
- Shopping Complex
- Swimming Pool
- Computer Centres
- Staff Quarters
- Two Power House
- Common Rooms
- Student's Club
- Medical Services
- Amenities Complex
Schools at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University -
- Amrita School of Ayurveda
- Amrita School of Medicine
- Amrita School of Dentistry
- Amrita School of Biotechnology
- Amrita School of Nursing
- Amrita School of Pharmacy
- Amrita School of Engineering
- Amrita School of Business
- Amrita School of Arts & Sciences
- Amrita School of Education
Ranking at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University -
More recently Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has been globally ranked No. 1 Private University in the Times Higher Education (THE): BRICS & Emerging Economies University Rankings 2016
No. 1 ranked International Outlook in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings, London 2015-2016
No. 1 ranked International Faculty in the QS: BRICS UNIVERSITY RANKINGS (in India).
Studennt's Life at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University -
Amrita is a thriving campus that has a creative and proficient community of high achievers. Life at Amrita brings surprises and new experiences every day. Learning happens not just in the classroom at Amrita. Extracurricular activities are encouraged with students forming clubs and associations that deal with topics like science, astronomy, environment, literature, music, culture, dance and photography.
Amrita's curriculum is designed to ensure the holistic development of each student. Students receive mandatory training in yoga and meditation that have manifold benefits. Amrita encourages and provides opportunities to students to participate in a wide range of extra-curricular, social and community development activities.
Students are encouraged to become members of professional bodies such as the Association of Computer Machinery (ACM), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE), Computer Society of India (CSI), and Institution of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers (IETE).
International Collaboration at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University -
Over the years Amrita university has developed working relations ship with many of the best universities in the world. Amrita Center for International Programs plays a developmental, strategic and co-coordinating role in the University's International work, seeking to provide quality support both internally and externally.
Strong collaboration with national and international organizations is the hallmark of all research carried out at Amrita University and to this extent they have developed a broad range of international partnerships around the world.
Amrita University is putting in place a range of institutional links which support key international activities such student exchanges, Dual –Degrees, Remote teaching , the development of joint academic programs, Co-guiding the PhD students, high-end research collaboration and other collaborative initiatives
|Name||:||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University|
Thank you for your Interest!
[Please fill the below details to get in touch with institute]