Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Anna University, Chennai was established in 1978 as a unitary type of University. The Anna University, which is of the affiliated type, is a member of the Association of Indian Universities, the Association of Commonwealth Universities and Partner of UNESCO International Center for Engineering education (UICEE). UGC have accredited Anna University with Five Star status in 2002 which is the highest rating. With proven capabilities both in academic and research areas, Anna University was able to receive this honour for a period of five years for excellence in Technical Education.
It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology and allied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society. Besides promoting research and disseminating knowledge gained there from, it fosters cooperation between the academic and industrial communities. The University was formed by bringing together and integrating two well-known technical institutions in the city of Madras.
Since December 2001, it has become a large, highly renowned Affiliated University, having brought into its fold about 426 Self-financing Engineering Colleges six Government Colleges and three Government-aided Engineering colleges located in various parts of Tamilnadu State.
Campus of Anna University, Chennai -
The University campus is situated in the southern part of the city of Madras (Chennai), the University's main campus extends over 100 hectares abutting the Adyar River on the north and Raj Bhavan on the south. The Madras Institute of Technology at Chrompet constitutes the second campus of the University which extends over 20 hectares. Both the campuses have a variety of buildings serving the various needs of the University community. A third campus extending over 80 hectares is located at Taramani near the Instronic campus, Adyar.
Facilities at Anna University, Chennai -
- Computer Center
- Health Centre
Regional Offices of Anna University, Chennai -
- Anna University Chennai - Regional Office, Coimbatore
- Anna University Chennai - Regional Office, Triuchirappalli
- Anna University Chennai - Regional Office, Tirunelveli
- Anna University Chennai - Regional Office, Madurai
University Departments at Anna University, Chennai -
- College of Engineering, Guindy
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chrompet and three Technological Departments of the University of Madras
- Alagappa College of Technology
- School of Architecture and Planning
Constituent Colleges at Anna University, Chennai -
- University College of Engineering Kanchipuram
- University College of Engineering Arani
- University College of Engineering Villupuram
- University College of Engineering Tindivanam
- University College of Engineering Pattukkottai
- University College of Engineering Thirukkuvalai
- University College of Engineering Ariyalur
- University College of Engineering Panruti
- University College of Engineering Ramanathapuram
- University College of Engineering Dindigul
- University College of Engineering Nagercoil
- University College of Engineering (VOC College of Engg.), Thoothukudi
- University College of Engineering, Bharathidasan Institute of Technology (BIT) Campus, Tiruchirappalli
|Name||:||Anna University, Chennai|
|Location||:||Sardar Patel Road
|Contact No||:||044-22351723, 22351126|