About The Institute
The ARCH Academy of Design was set up in the year 2000 to impart industrially & globally relevant, specialized Education in Design. The Institution has developed as a centre of excellence in learning and innovation, and over the last fourteen years, has trained more than 6000 professionals and entrepreneurs from across the country.
The Academy offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Certificate courses in Fashion Design, Interior Design, Craft Product Design, Jewellery Design, Graphic Design, Design Communication, Lifestyle Accessory Design, Design Management, Strategic Management & Leadership, as well as Diploma & Certificate programmes in Visual Merchandising & Gemmology.
The ARCH Academy of Design has a strong International representation, with students from several countries like Sweden, Spain, Kuwait, the United Kingdom, the USA, Nepal, Iran, Canada, Korea, Japan, and Dubai etc. who have, at one time or the other, chosen to study here.
Why The Institute?
Since Jaipur is a thriving student city, the college experience at ARCH is about more than just classes. It is about discovering and developing an understanding of the culture while getting exposed to the art, craft and talent of the local creators; understanding and contributing in real ways to the evolution of sensibilities through the study and practice of Design.
The curriculum at ARCH encourages learners to develop knowledge and understanding of issues both local & global that has formed the basis of debate on the purposes and processes of design, and extends this knowledge and understanding through research, analysis and application of historical and contextual skills to selected fields of study.
ARCH is a premier EDEXCEL learning centre and in strategic partnership with Pearson Edexcel, offers five BTEC Level 5 HND qualifications in Art & Design & one BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma qualification in Strategic Management & Leadership alongside its other programmes of study.
Important academic activities
- Class room projects
- Industry interface
- Ideation labs
- Open house
- Research fellowships
- Club activities
Message from the Director
Fourteen eventful years gone by. Arch has stood the test of time and experienced the thrills of pioneering, the drills of trailblazing, revelation of exemplary versatility, remarkable execution of ambitions, welcoming challenges and overcoming them with belief & energy and finding humility in endeavors and achievements. All in all, an inspiring, strengthening, and successful journey.
Milestones completed; new goals formulated! And all this for the love and acceptance by the design fraternity in Jaipur, a city that is a catalyst to study Fashion, Textile, Interior, Jewellery, Gemmology, Craft and Accessory Design. Great education in design and art is made possible through the fusion of a great environment with the ethos and contributions of a dedicated, innovative and energetic academic community; empathetic experienced faculty and technical staff working hand in hand with students who are responsive to questions, and keen on exploration & discovery. The Arch Academy of Design is just such an environment - encouraging, supportive, nurturing, and aimed at creating design adept professionals.
The pedagogy at Arch takes pride in combining the zeal of emphatic thought leadership with social sensitivity into the budding design leaders of tomorrow. Besides the usual theory and practical; Innovation and creativity; indepth research and design projects, the desire to instill collaborative skills in its students, Arch Academy of Design lays a foundation of education through an interdisciplinary and interactive learning process incorporating and unifying some of the contextual values and contents of local knowledge systems within emerging modern concepts.
In the larger arena, our collaborative alliances with global partners, International Universities and the Industry are translated into student and faculty exchanges, classroom projects, internships, placements and progression, which not only ensure employment for Arch alumni but also help them create soft skills and professionalism to carve a niche in the industry.
The Prospectus showcases the vast array of career options in Design offered at ARCH for national and international students and professionals. A broad range of degree, diploma and certificate courses have been structured to incorporate potential progression routes to a chosen career pathway of further study both in India and overseas.
I believe your future pathway can begin with one of our courses that fulfill your needs. We look forward to welcoming you as a student of the Arch Academy of Design.
Founder & Director
ARCH Academy of Design conducts AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design) for Undergraduate (4yr) & Postgraduate (2yr) programmes. For the convenience of prospective applicants, the Exam is conducted in two modes â Online and Offline (Centre Based). Both versions of the exam test the aesthetic sense, creativity & design sensitivity of students seeking fulfilling careers in the various fields of design. It also tests the logical reasoning & problem solving aptitude of the student. ARCH invites applications for AIEED '15 towards its UG & PG programmes for Academic year 2015.
Eligibility for UG Programmes
- Students who have Appeared for/Cleared Class 10+2 (CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board/NIOS or equivalent as per UGC Guidelines) are eligible to write AIEED Exam. Only these 10+2 Appearing or Cleared applicants are eligible for the UOR/ KSOU University degree component of the programme.
- As per Pearson-Edexcel norms, all students 16 years and above are eligible for the International Undergraduate level course and can therefore, also apply. These aspirants have the incredible opportunity of still culminating their studies with a 'Top Up' degree in 1 year from any of the Pearson Edexcel listed Universities around the world after having finished the Pearson Edexcel BTEC embedded in the 4 year programme at ARCH.
- Students applying for 4 YR Undergraduate Interior Design program with a valid NATA score/ AIEEE rank are exempted from AIEED exam and will be called for interview directly.
- Class 10+1 Students can also write AIEED 2014-15. Qualifying students will be eligible for direct admission in Academic yr 2016 after clearing the interview.
Eligibility for Post Graduate Programmes
- Graduates or students pursuing graduation in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for this programme.
- Additionally, as per Pearson-Edexcel guidelines, all students 19 years and above are eligible for the Strategic Management & Leadership Programme as well as the Design Management Programmes. Here no other previous learning achievements are considered as requirements for admission. These aspirants have the incredible opportunity of still culminating their studies with a 'Top Up' MBA degree in 6 months from any of the Pearson Edexcel listed Universities around the world after having finished the Pearson Edexcel BTEC Level 7 programme at ARCH.
- MBA aspirants can apply for Strategic Design Management and Strategic Management & Leadership with their recent CAT/MAT scores. They also will have to clear the AIEED exam and the Interview and submit their Statement of Purpose (SOP) prior to the Interview.
Format of Exam
- Online Exam
- Centre based Exam (Offline)
HOW TO FILL APPLICATION FORM
- The Prospectus, along with the Application Form, can be downloaded from the websites www.aieed.com andwww.archedu.org . The application is available for INR 1500/- only.
- Purchase prospectus from ARCH Academy of Design Centre, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur either by Cash or DD drawn in favor of "Arch Educational Society" payable at Jaipur, & fill and submit the Form included in the package.
- Purchase prospectus from selected BOI Branches by Cash (list available on website) & fill and submit the Form included in the package.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Audio-visual teaching aids in all class rooms
- High speed WI-FI and LAN connectivity
- Latest Apple Mac-Lab
- Well equipped lab spaces and facilities include the
- Gemmology Lab
- Terracotta Lab
- Textile Weaving & Printing Lab
- Apparel Pattern Making & Drafting Lab
- Sewing Lab
- Leather Workshop
- Wood Working Workshop
- Jewellery Manufacturing & Metal Working Lab
- Casting & Enamelling workshop
- Residential hostel facility for girl students
- Learning Centre Pearson Edexcel BTEC
- Authorised Learning Centre London Chamber Of Commerce & Industry
- Affiliated to University Of Rajasthan
- Skills Knowledge Provider (SKP) Institution under The NVEQF Scheme of All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) in the Applied Arts Sector for Jewellery Design
- Authorised by Karnataka State Open University
- Authorised by Indira Gandhi National Open University
- International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes
- International Council of Societies of Industrial Design
- The Hongkong Research Institute of Textiles And Apparel
Student Exchange Program
- De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
- University of Salford, UK
- Pearson's BTEC Progression Routes in the UK include University of Bedfordshire, Heriot-Watt University, Coventry University, St Patrick's College, Middlesex University, Swansea Metropolitan University, Bath Spa University et al.
- Textila Gymnasiet in Stockholm, Sweden
STAFF EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- Under the Prime Minister's Initiative for International Education (PMI2) of the British Council, ARCH in partnership with Doncaster College has received funding for the Staff Exchange Program and Skill Transfer between the two institutions.
- Collaborative Development Programs: Scotland-Jaipur Partnership Development Fund with Cardonald College, Glasgow (now Glasgow Clyde)
- UKIERI Grant 2012 for Institutional Capacity Building with PERTH, UHI, SCOTLAND
"I am delighted to acknowledge Arch as one of the premier design institutions of the country. The creative, stimulating, innovative learning environment has made the institution an important destination for learning design".
"I find ARCH students very promising and enterprising. The International course curriculum
at the institution empowers individuals to make a mark in world fashion."
International Fashion Designer
"I think that the alumni of Arch are a wealth to the Gems and Jewellery Industry. They have performed excellently and have made a niche for themselves and we have have several students from ARCH working at Amrapali and they are doing a great job".
Amrapali Jewellery Pvt Ltd
FDCI Member, Jaipur.
"Talented boys and girls are entering the field of Jewellery design and gems as it is an important industry. Arch makes sure that the Indian jewellery designers are doing well in this competitive global sector".
CEO, PHILIPPE ALEXANDER LTD.,
"ARCH Academy of Design trains industry specific Interior Designers who are market ready from an Indian & Global perspective. These students display the competence required for professional excellence".
Amrapali Jewellery Pvt Ltd
FDCI Member, Jaipur.
"By providing me with the right knowledge, guidance and exposure in the field of Gems and Jewellery, ARCH has given me the platform to make my life exactly the way I wanted".
ORRA Diamond Jewellery
"It is an amazing feeling to know that my developments at present define the taste and products of Neerav Modi".
Creative Head, Neerav Modi, Mumbai
"ARCH has helped me to develop a whole new set of skills that I can use in the career I have chosen".
Asst. Designer, Rocky S, Mumbai
"It was an honor and privilege for me to study in such a distinguished institute. Arch gave
me utmost exposure and liberty to do things my way which helped to bring out the best in
me both personally and professionally".
Owner, Silhouette by Swati Rohilla
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my professors for passing down their knowledge and enthuasism throughout the course. Their support and encouraging words still provide me strength".
Asst. Designer, Kaleido
"ARCH built in me the capacity for in-depth enquiry and immensely contributed towards increasing my personal independence & initiative in exploring ideas and extending my skills".
Placements & Internships
- Anita Dongre, AND Designs India Ltd
- Rocky S Fashions, Mumbai
- Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla, Mumbai
- Dalmia Group- Surat
- EKAA by Tarang and priyanka, New Delh
- Lifestyle International Pvt. Ltd.
- Zari Fashions
- Reliance Retail, Bangalore
- United Colours of Benetton
- Shoppers Stop
- Jaipur Central
- Ratan Textiles
- Arvind Lifestyle Brands Ltd.
- Siyaram Exports
- Mirangi, couture destination
- Amrapali Jewels
- ORRA Diamond Jewellery, Mumbai
- Gitanjali Group Ltd
- SM Global Ltd. Hong Kong
- Motisons Jewellery Ltd.
- P. Mangatram, Hyderabad
- Indioro, Dubai
- Jewels Emporium
- Sambhav Gems Ltd.
- Vaibhav Gems Ltd.
- Dwarka Gems Ltd.
- Savio Jewellery
- Oriental Gems Ltd.
- SYMETREE by Haritsons Group
- Silvex Images Pvt. Ltd
- Architect Sanjay Kothari, Jaipur
- Benzel Design and Comm, Gurgaon
- 3D Designs
- Goyal Arts
- Manic Structures, Delhi
- Muse Interiors, Delhi
- Access Development Services
- Dileep Industries
- Hastkala Exports
- Vistaar Interiors
- Ninety One Degrees