Assam Engineering College, Guwahati was established in 1955. It is one of the oldest and reputed engineering colleges in the country. It is the first undergraduate engineering college in the northeastern India. The college is affiliated to Guwahati University.
Assam Engineering College is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India, New Delhi. It conducts courses in the field of engineering, at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, as per the rules and regulations of AICTE. Assam Engineering College provides a number of modern facilities to its students.
Campus of Assam Engineering College –
The campus is spread across 400 acres of land.
Facilities at Assam Engineering College –
- Computer center
- Bank & PO
Department at Assam Engineering College –
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
- Department of Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Physics
Placement Cell at Assam Engineering College –
The Training & Placement Cell (TPC) became an active functional unit of the college from the year 2002. The TPC initiated interaction with various organizations and industries to impress upon them and organize campus recruitments in AEC. Over the years the TPC has been providing opportunities to the students to prove their mettle and caliber in various areas starting from the ICT sectors to the Core industries, and they have been reasonably successful in their ventures.
|Name||:||Assam Engineering College - Guwahati|
|Location||:||Assam Engineering College
|Contact No||:||+91 361 2570550|