Aston University was established in 1895, is a long established research-led University known for its world-class teaching quality and strong links to industry, government and commerce. It got the University status since 1966. Aston has been a leading university for graduate employment success for over 25 years. The University is currently ranked 8th overall for graduate employment putting even the likes of Oxford in the shade (2013 Sunday Times University Guide). Aston University received its Royal Charter from Queen Elizabeth II on 1966.
Aston University is based in the centre of Birmingham, home to over 65,000 students and one of Europe’s liveliest and most welcoming cities. The University is consistently ranked in the UK's top 40 Universities confirming their place amongst the elite. Aston offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs and also works with the public and private sector to develop tailored continuing professional development and foundation degree programs.
Why Choose Aston University?
- Employable Graduates: Ranked 5th in the UK and 1st outside London for graduate employability.
- Positive Placement Years: Aston has the highest percentage of students taking placement years of any UK university.
- Learn a Language for Free: The University offer free language tuition to all their students from 2012 and create opportunities for them to benefit from the international nature of both the Aston community and today's jobs market.
- World Class Reputation: Aston is ranked 13th out of 113 UK universities by The Independent Complete University Guide 2010.
- Academic Excellence: They're committed in providing the highest standard of education to their students.
- Exploitable Research: It focuses on research which makes a beneficial difference to people, organizations and society.
- A Sustainable Green Campus: As an Aston student they'll get the best of both worlds - a well equipped, safe, green campus located in the heart of a vibrant city.
Campus of Aston University -
The university is located in the city Birmingham. Birmingham located right in the centre of the UK, and Aston located right in the centre of Birmingham, getting around couldn’t be easier.
Facilities at Aston University -
- Science Park
- Catering Services
- Swimming Pool
- Disability Services
Schools at Aston University -
- Aston Medical School
- Aston Business School
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- School of Life and Health Sciences
- School of Languages and Social Sciences
Scholarships at Aston University –
Aston supports and encourages students who come from households with a family income of less than £18,000 so that Aston can be a place where everyone excels regardless of their background. The Aston Aspire Scholarship offers a discount of £2,000 for students who meet household income criteria. International applicants to Aston may be eligible for Scholarships determined by their nationality or country they live in, including many Scholarships of between £2,500 and £5,000.
Placements at Aston University –
Aston has been a leading university for graduate employment success for over 25 years. Placement years are an integral part of the Aston Experience. To ensure that all students have an opportunity to undertake the placement that will benefit them the most, they offer an Aston placement scholarship. Currently 78.8% of Aston graduates find a grade-level job or further study within six months of graduation, compared to a national average of less than 70%, placing Aston inside the top 25 institutions in the UK.
Top Recruiters -
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Cap Gem ini