Auckland Institute of Studies was established in 1990, as the School of Languages that offers courses in English language to international students. Established with financial backing from Taiwanese, Japanese and New Zealand, the institute was located for the first three years in Auckland's Downtown Centre.
Today Auckland Institute of Studies is New Zealand's largest and most international independent degree provider, with an enrollment of over 1000 students of whom around 80% are international students from over 30 different countries.
AIS have two campuses:
- Main Campus: The AIS main campus is located 10 minutes from the Auckland Central Business District (CBD) in Western Springs, Auckland. Travelling to and from the campus is easy as it is located close to Auckland’s North Western motorway, train and bus services are frequent.
- Asquith Campus: The AIS campus is located just over 5 minutes walk from the main campus.
Why Choose Auckland Institute of Studies?
- International Education: Students and staff come from all over the world to study and teach at AIS St Helens.
- Tailored Options: Students may choose to take International Business courses, Tourism Management courses or Arts courses, as part of their main degree or diploma program, to meet their individual career aspirations.
- Smaller Classes: Their dedicated teaching staff enjoy personal contact with students and class numbers are kept low to maintain quality standards.
- Nurturing and Support: Due to the smaller class sizes, their lecturers have the time to get to know students' personal study needs.
- Fast-track Programs: Their flexible three-semester system allows students to fast-track programs.
- Flexibility of Entry Dates: Students may start a program in January, May or September for semester-based qualifications.
- Foundation Programs: Their foundation programs allow students to gain valuable study skills and confidence for entering diploma or degree programs.
- Credit Recognition: Students applying to AIS St Helens from other institutions may apply for credit recognition once they have arrived to begin their studies.
Facilities at Auckland Institute of Studies -
- Computer Laboratories
- Sports and Recreation
- Car Parking Facilities
Scholarships at Auckland Institute of Studies -
A limited number of academic Scholarships are available each semester for current top AIS students in undergraduate and graduate programs in International Business, Tourism Management and Information Technology (excluding the DCIT (Level 5) and GDIT programs). Scholarships are awarded on the basis of excellence of academic Results and take the form of a reduction in tuition fees for further study in the program.
Placement Services at Auckland Institute of Studies -
The placement and support services prime role is to assist students and graduates to find employment. Placement and support services staff can then help students to identify which field and industry they may best be suited to, provide advice and then put them in touch with organizations that can help them develop their own pathway to success.
Placement and support services at AIS St Helens provide a range of services for both current students and recent graduates. All students will benefit from at least one consultation with the placement and support services Manager. However, there are different ways placements and support services can be used depending on student’s situation.