B.J. Medical College (BJMC), Ahmedabad was established in 1871 as the Ahmedabad Medical School and it became affiliated with the Civil Hospital in the city of Ahmedabad. In 1879, the school was renamed as B. J. Medical School. The school grew and became affiliated with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay in 1917. By 1946, the school obtained affiliation with Bombay University and then achieved higher status for itself to become B.J. Medical College, providing diplomas for L.C.P.S. In 1951, the college was affiliated to Gujarat University for its undergraduate courses. The postgraduate courses were affiliated to the Gujarat University in 1956.
The College is one of the largest sources of medically qualified manpower in the country. It is the centre for the admission of MBBS students in the entire Gujarat State. Each year, some 250 students are admitted to the college receiving the best medical training. The college admits its students through an entrance examination conducted in Gujarat. The World Health Organization (W.H.O.) has recognized the college for its innovation in integrated teaching and training programs in child health services and universal immunization.
Campus of B.J. Medical College -
The college is situated in the Civil Hospital Campus B/H U.N. Mehta Institute of Cardiology. The College campus has its own 500-bedded Hospital with all infrastructure, modern equipments and departments.
* This information has been collected from
or by contacting the institute on phone. Trade Marks belong to the respective owners. If you are an official representative of the institute and wish to modify this information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org The listing was last modified on 02/12/2013