About The Institute
B.S. Abdur Rahman University, Vandalur, (formerly B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College) has been established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, which has now been upgraded as B.S Abdur Rahman University, was an institution acclaimed throughout India for its quality in teaching and research. Being one of the largest engineering institutions in India, it lays emphasis on innovative research, investment in high-quality facilities and first-rate infrastructure. By making use of the latest technologies and quality teaching, the college is able to offer a wide choice of interdisciplinary degrees in engineering which has enabled students to gain accolades in the global level. It is one of the few institutions with all the UG and PG programmes approved by UGC and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. This has been upgraded to university status with a view to keep academic in pace with development in industry. Modern hostel facilities are available for men and women students separately within the University campus.
Why Join B.S. Abdur Rahman University (BSAU)?
- Provides placement with renowned companies
- Ranked 11th in 'All India non-government technical universities' by The Week, 2015
- Scholarship provided to meritorious students
- Accredited by NAAC with "A" degree Deemed university
- UGC recognized
- Certified ISO 9001:2008 institute by DNV, Netherlands
- MoU with Universities in abroad, reputed Industries and R and D organizations
- Member of Common Wealth Universities (CWU) and Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Promotes entrepreneurship development amongst students
- Provides value added programs
B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science & Technology aspires to be a leader in Education, Training and Research in Engineering, Science, Technology and Management and to play a vital role in the Socio-Economic progress of the Country.
- To blossom into an internationally renowned University
- To empower the youth through quality education and to provide professional leadership
- To achieve excellence in all its endeavors to face global challenges
- To provide excellent teaching and research ambience
- To network with global Institutions of Excellence, Business, Industry and Research Organizations
- To contribute to the knowledge base through Scientific enquiry, Applied Research and Innovation
In terms of its infrastructure, CSA perceives all its spaces - indoor and outdoor - to be living labs, open to creative expression and interpretation by the students. Specifically, the studios, AV room, CSA's library in addition to the University library, model-making workshop, materials lab, digital technology lab, exhibition/open-crit hall, and photography & presentation lab allow the School to not only deliver quality instruction to students but also to inculcate early on in them a sense of pride in their purpose, professionalism and responsibility.
- An Audio Lab consisting of 30 seaters with a teacher control unit catering to the development of listening and speaking skills of students. Students can record their speech and play it back to listen to their own voice, accent and pronunciation and get self-motivated. Teacher can interact with students individually and also in groups in the lab. So a personal one-to-one contact is established and encouragement is given for the improvement of the speaking skill.
- Two Computerised Communication Skills Laboratories with 36 + 36 systems and a server facilitating the development of LSRW skills of the students. The students of I & II year B.Tech and B.Architecture have the benefit of viewing the video clippings of sample presentations, interviews and activities relating to the development of soft skills.
Facilities at B.S. Abdur Rahman University
- Well stocked library
- Well maintained labs
- Community hall
- Convention Center
- Computer center
- Health center
- Outdoor game courts
- Transport service and much more...
Schools at BS Abdur Rahman University
- SCHOOL OF MECHANICAL SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF INFRASTRUCTURE
- SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE
- CRESCENT BUSINESS SCHOOL
- SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATION SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTER, INFORMATION AND MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES & HUMANITIES
- SCHOOL OF ISLAMIC STUDIES
- SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES
Top Recruiting Companies
- Highest Salary Offered : Rs. 6.00 Lakhs P.A.
- Lowest Salary Offered : Rs. 2.20 Lakhs P.A.
Last Three Years Placement Chart
|Name||:||B.S. Abdur Rahman University|
|Contact No||:||044-22751347, 22750007, 22759236, Help Desk: 09176009384|