BCIT School of Construction and the Environment offers diverse range of courses, programs, and credentials. They are also moving towards an integrated and multidisciplinary approach with themes of sustainability, sociology, humanities and more including topics such as new building materials, alternative and renewable energy systems, and construction practices in environmentally sensitive sites, life cycle design methods, and affordable and safe housing. Existing programs have been undergoing exciting, positive changes that benefit students and society.
The School of Construction and the Environment offers certificates, diplomas, and bachelor's and master's degrees that lead to careers as skilled tradespersons, technicians, technologists, professional engineers, and managers. The focus on applied education and hands-on training, as well as industry partnerships, Results in programs that are relevant, current, and that produce graduates who are truly job-ready.
Why Choose BCIT School of Construction and the Environment?
- They are the largest trades training institution in Briercrest
- They provide job oriented training program to the students
- They provide excellent education with highest record of job satisfactory to the students
- Fire simulation theatre
- Fully operational pulp mill
- Operating demonstration forest and wood lot in Maple Ridge
- Salmonoid enhancement facility developed by BCIT students on the Seymour river
- A housing demonstration project, AFRESH Home
- Green Roof Research Facility
- Building Science Materials Laboratory