Balurghat College, Dakshin Dinajpur was established in 1948, as an intermediate liberal arts college, with 96 students in the tin-sheds of Balurghat High School under the Calcutta University on the initiative of the large hearted educationists of the town who took regular classes in the afternoon. In 1949, the College was shifted to the present site in the vacant Muslim Hostels of Balurghat School along with its land that was purchased by the College at a cost of Rupees forty thousand only. North Bengal University accepted the college as a constituent college in 2003. Presently the College is affiliated under University of Gaur Banga from the academic year 2008. Today, the college has grown into a degree college of over 3000 student, with undergraduate education in Arts, Sciences and Commerce.
* This information has been collected from
or by contacting the institute on phone. Trade Marks belong to the respective owners. If you are an official representative of the institute and wish to modify this information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org The listing was last modified on 05/12/2013