Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi established in 1916, is an internationally reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of Varanasi. Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. The University has been recognized by UGC and accredited by NAAC. The University has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 constituents schools. It has taken a leadership role in promoting new ideas, the spirit of integration of the world, and cultivation of intellect and culture.
Banaras Hindu University is small virtually the universe in microcosm. BHU family consists of about 15000 students belonging to all streams of life, castes and religions and races, about 1700 teachers, and nearly 8000 non-teaching staff and large number of students from foreign countries. The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
The objective of the university is to promote the study of the Hindu Shastras and of Sanskrit literature generally as a means of preserving and popularizing for the benefit of the Hindus in particular and of the world at large in general, the best thought and culture of the Hindus and all that was good and great in the ancient civilization of India.
Campus of Banaras Hindu University -
Banaras Hindu University has two campuses, BHU Campus and South Campus.
- BHU Campus: The area of the main campus of the premiere Central University is 1300 acres, having well maintained roads, extensive greenery, a temple, an air strip and buildings which are an architectural delight.
- South Campus: The South Campus (Barkachha) with an area of 1104 ha, is situated about 8 km South West of Mirzapur town on Robertsganj high way. The river Majhawati flows on the eastern border of the farm.
Facilities in Banaras Hindu University -
- Central Library
- Health Services
- Internet & Computation
- Hobby Centre
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Guest Houses
- Conference Hall
- BHU Club
- Banks and Post Offices
- Shopping Complex
Faculties at Banaras Hindu University -
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Performing Arts
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Sanskrit Vidya Dharma Vijnan
- Faculty of Visual Arts
Institutes at Banaras Hindu University -
- Institute of Science
- Institute of Medical Science
- Institute of Agricultural Sciences
- Institute of Management Studies
- Institute of Environment & Sustainable Development
- Institute of Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)
Affiliated Colleges at Banaras Hindu University -
- Arya Mahila Mahavidyalaya
- DAV Degree College
- Vasant Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Kamachha
- Vasanta College for Women
Placement Coordination Cell at Banaras Hindu University -
The Placement Coordination Cell is a felicitation for the students of the University and prospective employers to find their respective targets. It aspires to make the University the first choice of the prospective employers, as regards refined manpower, whenever they think about new venture, new induction or expansion.
|Name||:||Banaras Hindu University|
|Contact No||:||0542-6701673, 2368558|
Thank you for your Interest!
[Please fill the below details to get in touch with institute]