Bastar Vishwavidyalaya (BVV), Dharampura was established in 2008, is a premier institution of post graduate teaching and research in the state. It has been recognized by UGC. BVV is one of the major institutions of higher education in Bastar Regions which predominated by tribal communities is largely devoted to post graduate studies and is widely known for its excellence in research and for its distinguished faculty.
The BVV has built up a reputation for providing high quality academic training and has been recognized through a number of awards. The faculty of the Bastar Vishwavidyalaya has high national and international awards and participated in national and international seminars.
Campus of Bastar Vishwavidyalaya -
The campus located near Dharampura-2 in Jagdalpur, has immense bio-diversity and a place of silent learning which give the campusa natural beauty. With 5 different Departments in 2 Schools of study, the Vishwavidyalaya has over 100 staff and faculties and over 150 students.
Facilities at Bastar University -
- Healthcare Centre
- Guest House
- Computer Centre
Schools at Bastar University -
- School of Studies in Social Work
- School of Studies in Forestry & Wildlife
- School of Studies in Rural Technology
- School of Studies in Anthropology
- School of Studies in Biotechnology
- School of Studies in Computer Application
- School of Studies in Education
- School of Studies in English
- School of Studies in Political Science
- School of Studies in Physical Education